Arthur Labinjo-Hughes RIP

Permabanned
There were 318 deaths in prison custody in 2020, I hope 2021's tally includes two more, inmates have a tendency to view child killers as fair game and I am pretty sure all but the most liberal of guards may allow themselves a moment of distraction on the QT. Personally I'd like to fire up my oxy-acetylene equipment and have an hour with the ********. Hanging or the chair is far too quick for these animals.

Soldato
This story has nearly brought me to tears multiple times, such a sad and twisted occurrence. I genuinely hope there are positive changes within the social system to prevent this happening to any other child.

Caporegime
Please don’t just turn this into a tory bashing political thread. It’s quite disrespectful

I don't think it's disrepectful, Social Care has been absolutely crippled by cuts and is part of the reason these kids fall through the gaps. Lockdown was also terrible for these kids sadly, but there wasn't much choice about that.

Caporegime
I don't think it's disrepectful, Social Care has been absolutely crippled by cuts and is part of the reason these kids fall through the gaps. Lockdown was also terrible for these kids sadly, but there wasn't much choice about that.
I don’t like people like Hurf just seizing the tragic death of a child to bash the Tories. Not one word from him about how awful it was, how he feels or RIP to the little lad, just straight into Tory bashing by posting a tweet then running. Not even a comment.

doesn’t sit right with me.

Soldato
Please don’t just turn this into a tory bashing political thread. It’s quite disrespectful

It’s disrespectful looking into how children are being failed resulting in entirely unfit parents not getting any kind of support to prevent this happening? What would you rather, this thread just be full of people bloviating about revenge on the murderers and virtue signalling?

Agreed

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It’s disrespectful to blame the people who are at fault for the crippling cuts to social care?
Give over.

Soldato
I couldn't watch the video. It just ripped my heart in two.

The only people responsible for the death of this poor little man are the monstrous step mother and scumbag father. I'd gladly kick the stools out from under both of them. :mad:

Man of Honour
I couldn't watch the video. It just ripped my heart in two.

The only people responsible for the death of this poor little man are the monstrous step mother and scumbag father. I'd gladly kick the stools out from under both of them. :mad:

I suspect there’ll be plenty of inmates who will likely deliver such a beating.

Soldato
Permabanned
Social Services have lethally failed children long before any so call austerity, and those that failed them were just moved sideways into other cushy jobs, whilst the hierarchy claimed lessons had been learnt and it would not recur. Baby P?

How did social services fail Baby P?

"The investigation found both social workers' mistakes in the case amounted to misconduct. They failed to keep adequate records. Ward had failed to visit Peter often enough. Christou, as Ward's manager, failed to provide enough supervision to her social worker"

The director of children's services in charge of the case rather than shamefully walk, had to be fired, then had the gall to claim unfair dismissal and appeal court idiots agreed and the woman ended up getting six hundred and eighty thousand quid in compensation and costs. Austerity ehh?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The only people responsible for the death of this poor little man are the monstrous step mother and scumbag father.
We pay for a social care system responsible for ensuring the safety of all children. We can't simply ignore failings within these services.

Back
Top Bottom