AIO for Alderlake and Asus strix gaming A d4

Soldato
Hi all,
After spending most of yesterday trying to get my H150I RGB Pro to mount on the above board (I failed), I'm in need of a AIO that will just work.

Anyone found an AIO that works?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
Do you have the skt 1151/1200 bracket? if you do you can order the the offset screws. That's what I did. I used an H150 cappellix but besides the shinier lights for all intents and purposes it is the same

Soldato
OP
Do you have the skt 1151/1200 bracket? if you do you can order the the offset screws. That's what I did. I used an H150 cappellix but besides the shinier lights for all intents and purposes it is the same
I ordered the offset screws from corsair, I have them, using the bracket I was using on my 8700k, just loads of play with the stand offs even with it tightened as much as possible.

Associate
Hmm then I am not sure. I used the 1151 bracket. applied the rear retention bracket and just screwed it down hard. It's quite possible it's not an ideal way of doing it. But there was no way I was going to junk the cooler I only bought 4 months ago. We have the same motherboard so I am not sure what is up then.

Soldato
OP
Hmm then I am not sure. I used the 1151 bracket. applied the rear retention bracket and just screwed it down hard. It's quite possible it's not an ideal way of doing it. But there was no way I was going to junk the cooler I only bought 4 months ago. We have the same motherboard so I am not sure what is up then.

Hang on, maybe I should have ordered the new retention bracket as well, all I ordered was the stamd off screws, I'm aware the H150i rgb Pro isn't listed as compatible but it doesn't seem any different to the XT models.

Goredwings so can you confirm you used the original back plate from your 8700k along with the stand offs from corsair.

Associate
There was a backplate in the AIO box which is for skt 1151/1200. I stuck that on the back of the motherboard then with the corsair standoff screws that I ordered I screwed them in. When that was done there should be a skt1151/1200 bracket in the box and then I screwed them down hard (I am not suggesting you should do the same) checked if there was any play or wiggle but it was snug as a bug. Before I used with the AMD/AM4 for the 5950x setup I have. Like I said I use to have the h115i rgb which is similar to yours and now I have the h150i cappelix which is still similar to yours. Maybe I am overlooking something here.

Associate
well if you ordered the h150i cappellix then just get the back plate out of the aio box. wahck in the back of the motherboard. Use the offset screws you got from corsair recently and then there will be the 1151/1200 mounting kit/plates for the aio and then screw down firmly.

As far as I can remember for the RGB pro you attach the mounting kit by screwing it onto the aio block right??? It been so long I can;t remember where as on the cappellix you got two sides and you slot it into the aio

But even so it still should be the same clearance and height wise.

Back
Top Bottom