Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Also - would they know the tec-pro has been punctured before the car was moved? Probably not.
Mercedes (and everyone else) well know the red flag rules and have seen the F2 races this weekend, they could have anticipated it better like other teams did (not just Red Bull)

Soldato
I'm guessing:

MSC crashes => Yellow flag
Marshalls check barrier find damage that needs replacement => needs workers on track => Red flag

Bottas could always "out brake" himself and go into the back of max.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Bottas to straight line the corner and wipe out Max? There would be a brawl in the pit lane.

My money is on Jos.

Associate
Got to laugh at all the people upset about the red flag.

Given as has been said by the commentary it's been a red flag all weekend long. Additionally any car going off there is likely to hit the same spot, the race director will want to check the wall.

The only controversy is having 3-4 laps behind the SC. Not that it matters as cars came in pretty much right away. To me it was a red flag right from the get go though.

Definitely luck, but various people pointed out the possibility before the race. Seems it evens out the free change Lewis got in Monza was it they said?

Be nice to see a good clean fight between Lewis and Max now. Lewis will feel hard done by and have the bit between his teeth.

But they should easily be able to replace the barrier under yellow flag.

Associate
Hmm, just rewound the bottas slow-down. I’m not sure how that isn’t punished. My understanding was that it wasn’t about delta, but keeping a reasonable pace to the lead car which becomes the safety car until the real car joins the front of the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom