Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Bought some decent used 1/4" snap on shallow and deep sockets for a lot less than they should cost. Turns out most of them are as old as I am. Apart from the chrome not being a pristine mirror, they are in very good condition. I'm slowly working on filling in the gaps in my tool kit with decent stuff.

Soldato
Bought something else to go where the rug is. Needs a bit of work, but was always the aim to fill the space with this...
yG8uxqr.jpg
Plenty of work needed. I'll tart it up a bit and hope it plays OK as I'm giving the Korg electric piano to the ex. I like how it fills the space anyway. Hopefully the legs stay on it and it doesn't fall apart :p that thing weighs a considerable amount I can tell you with much experience.

Is that a 4/5ft ("Baby") Klingmann? Guessing it's late 19th early 20th century?
Worth getting a proper service done (that keyboard/action looks like it needs fettling with) before you tackle the shell as it'll give you an idea if it's worth pumping money into it but it looks like it could be a decent project; have to keep us updated :)

Soldato
Is that a 4/5ft ("Baby") Klingmann? Guessing it's late 19th early 20th century?
Worth getting a proper service done (that keyboard/action looks like it needs fettling with) before you tackle the shell as it'll give you an idea if it's worth pumping money into it but it looks like it could be a decent project; have to keep us updated :)
Don't hold your breath. We're following @randomshenans 25 other projects still :cry:

Soldato
2 gas fireplaces for different rooms... Will look better where there's a granite surround on them and they're plastered.

Im impressed regardless! Despite the eye watering cost ... (near 7k :eek:)

YzE71V4.jpeg
mXb2A4o.jpeg

Soldato
Don't hold your breath. We're following @randomshenans 25 other projects still :cry:
Damn. So accurate. I would be triggered but... it's just too true!!

Saying that, he won't want to see what I've done to it lol as I painted it white :D it has a crack in the cast iron frame but I don't think it'll effect the tuning of it, it looks like an impact as it's one of the centre braces on the cast iron. Either way, it was the reason I felt I could mess with it without feeling bad about it.

I did take the entire key bed out, take each individual, key, hammer, felt and action off and clean them all by hand and all the base and put it back together again... sooo, technically I finished it? It actually plays now :p albeit still out of tune, but before it wouldn't even do that. Can I say I "completed" that one? On to 2/25 project :p

I have issues.

t9a5EQP.jpg
Books under as I don't trust the old brass casters, but have some new ones to replace them. I'll paint the pedal box at some point too. The legs need a couple more coats but the top is all done.

PgVqX1Q.jpg
uTid8en.jpg
S5awtva.jpg
JbvQbU9.jpg
ltNZYF1.jpg
e4d4rSO.jpg
KgaV55B.jpg
WugdBb3.jpg
0M30tuQ.jpg
oYN0mqg.jpg
rkXolt9.jpg
All going back together nice and clean. Keys seated properly, no sticking.
S2rHNE5.jpg
All ready to go back in and worked brilliantly. Good old YouTube. Binged about 25+ videos, learned a lot. Very satisfying.

Not bad for a 50EUR piano from leboncoin.

You'll love this one coming up @dLockers...
8mZtkHB.jpg

Arrived today :p

Soldato
Don't forget to put a ground wire under your bridge, my preference is to drill to the corner of the bridge pickup cavity ;)
Thanks man. I actually bought this job lot of telecaster things today from eBay so hopefully it'll all go nicely.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334245026423
Like 35 quid for all those parts, and picked up a replica neck for 40 delivered too. Will be fun to put it together. I haven't played since I was a teen. I have an issue with my left wrist (not related, and doesn't impact a hand shandy) that makes playing painful, so might get it operated on so I can play again. The kids really want to play, so I'm trying to just have instruments in the house so they can.

Man of Honour
Understaffs drawers, plus cupboard, it was a pointless cupboard before with only the far door as access.

IMG-4749.jpg

Man of Honour
Oo I like how they've done that. That looks very smart. Do they push open?
Six individual drawer units plus a tallboy cupboard and then a piece of MDF separating that to where the existing cupboard is. They are push to open and hold 75KG each IIRC.

One part of the plasterboard removed. It was just open space behind it.

IMG-4742.jpg

Things used to get lost here, and access wasn't great due to the slope of the stairs, plus no light in there (rectifiable I know)

IMG-4744.jpg

The drawer units themselves installed.

IMG-4746.jpg

One drawer out:

IMG-4750.jpg

The tallboy unit/door is also push to open.

Way more usable storage space plus the ability to sort it a lot better too. Very happy, we had the three drawer version in the old house and it's one of the things we miss the most.

Only thing is now we have to arrange a tip run as they don't have a commercial wasn't license so I have a load of plasterboard and other bits which have been removed to get rid off.

Back
Top Bottom