Best way to ship about 25kilos of books

Soldato
its not just the weight, its the size of the boxes. There are limits and extra charges etc to consider.

you will need to know exact dimentions of the parcel or parcels and have a weight for them.

my guess is it will cost minimum £20 sending it with parcelforce 48 hous ( via Parcel2go website )
And it would need to be one box that fits these dimentions otherwise would have to split into 2 boxes and then cost will likely be much higher overall

• Maximum Weight 30 kg
  • Maximum Length 1.35 m
  • Maximum Height 0.7 m
  • Maximum Width 0.7 m
  • Max Length+Girth 2.7 m

Associate
The best option here would be to have the books shredded then compacted into a small bale. Ship the bale to the new location using a service based on size rather than weight. You would then simply need to uncompress the bale and tape everything back together.

Caporegime
Really? Isn't a book generally about 0.5 to 1kg?
google says the average book is around 300 pages bla bla around 0.46kg each so I'd guess it's around 40-50 books

okay maybe not quite a pallet, probably 3-4 shoe boxes worth of books

The best option here would be to have the books shredded then compacted into a small bale. Ship the bale to the new location using a service based on size rather than weight. You would then simply need to uncompress the bale and tape everything back together.
just scan them page by page and send them electronically :p then print them out again at the other end :D

my printer can auto scan a huge stack of documents without manually feeding and it wasn't even a good printer, the ink though probably costs more than just sending the books :p

Soldato
yea probably per book :p

25kg of books is probably close to a whole pallet ?

They are more heavy than you might imagine.

Fill a big PC case box ot big TV box to the brim with books without any gaps and it will be a heavy lump.

I have not sent 25KG boxes of books but i have sent some that were about 17KG.

Once you get over 5KG the cost does not go up much as long as it is in those dimentions i mentioned.

Plus use the parcel2go website to compare and select the best method and company because the prices vary greatly.

Back
Top Bottom