AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Commissario
Mine have arrived and I'm really happy. Not just slightly happy but really, really happy.

They've changed the design slightly and whereas I used to use Earskinz to make sure I had a good fit, the new style is a little bit bigger and they fit perfectly in my ears. They're so comfortable I can't even feel them but they're secure and they're not moving.

Spatial sound works great on them too.

Soldato
AirPods 3 arrived.

I’ve had v1 for years and the batteries now only last about 30mins. They’re one of my most used devices.

Short summary… they sound great, spatial audio very impressive. But they don’t fit my ears! My v1 fit perfectly but these pop out if I smile. Very frustrating as I want the features. They’ll be going back :(

Soldato
My 3's have arrived, bit more fiddly to get out of the case for my sausage fingers, but that's the only negative thus far. Comfortable, sound good to my un-audiophile ears and look good.

Soldato
I got my 3's yesterday...tried Pro's but my ears reacted very badly to them (tips replaced etc) so had been using 2nd gens instead. These are so much better for me, feel like the fit is much better than the 2nd Gens and that also provides a much better sound and dare I say greater isolation. Impressed with them so far, will spend some time with them over the week and see if my impressions change.

Also selling my 2nd Gens off separately (Right Airpod/Left Airpod/Wired Charging Case) netted me £90 so that's definitely the way to go if you're getting rid of older generations.

Soldato
Gotta say after using the pros for a week..they’re the best in ears I’ve used to date. :) very happy. Just wished the battery life was a little longer (my anker in ears have a 7 hour charge use)

Associate
Had my Airpods 3 delivered today, going to have to send them back. Won't stay in my ears when out walking, I really like them as well.
First Airpods i've bought and tried, will give Airpods 2 a go I think.

Soldato
So I've been out and about over the last few days with the new Gen 3 Airpods and they are so much better than the 2nd for me personally. They fit my ears perfectly with no annoying reaction like the pro's caused (even with different tips) so thats a plus point. Also because of the fit the sound is louder and clearer when next traffic than it would have been previously with my Gen 2 Airpods so I can't complain.

It does appear like this new shape either works for you or doesn't though which is a bit of a shame. But at least there's the option of the older shape out there just without some of the new features.

Soldato
TLDR - Original AirPods are the best for me

Same principle as the old version really, it either fits or it doesn't.

Agreed. Didn’t bother with original airpods initially as they wouldn’t stay in my ears during exercise so I opted for Jaybird Vistas (amazing for running by the way).

Then decided to give them another go in lockdown for dog walks/lying in bed watching YouTube and they found their place for me. They stay in fine when movement is minimal.

Purchased a set of airpod pros thinking they would be a great upgrade but they didn’t fit as well and the size of them made them a little too fiddly for me so I returned them for a refund.

A few weeks back I gave the 3’s a bash and the same issues existed as the pro’s, so again they went back. Just too small to handle, but too big in my ears.

I’ve now accepted the originals are the best fit for my requirements and additional extras like noise cancelling is fairly pointless for my particular purposes.

Soldato
I have AirPods gen 2, but tempted to get the pros, I don’t get on with in ears - so any point trying these? Is spatial audio that good? Guess I could get some gen 3s

Soldato
The things I love most about the Airpods pro are how easy and convenient they are to just put on and away you go, no faffing around etc. Plus not to mention when you put them on you can hardly tell you are wearing them, it just feels like an extension of sound around you.

Soldato
really tempted to pick up myself some pro's i have some cheap wireless in ears and they are a bit hit/miss with charging in the case to be honest. theyve lasted a few years though.

im guessing they are recommended over the 3's? original airpods have never stayed in my ears when ive tried them before.

Soldato
The things I love most about the Airpods pro are how easy and convenient they are to just put on and away you go, no faffing around etc. Plus not to mention when you put them on you can hardly tell you are wearing them, it just feels like an extension of sound around you.

Wish I could say the same!

Pretty much every time I use them, one of them doesn't pair or 'wake up'. Or is completely flat as it presumably doesn't make proper contact with the charge points. I have to jimmy them into the right position until my phone tells me they are charging and not just sitting in the case.

Commissario
Pretty much every time I use them, one of them doesn't pair or 'wake up'. Or is completely flat as it presumably doesn't make proper contact with the charge points. I have to jimmy them into the right position until my phone tells me they are charging and not just sitting in the case.
Take them into your nearest Apple shop, this doesn't sound right.

Associate
really tempted to pick up myself some pro's i have some cheap wireless in ears and they are a bit hit/miss with charging in the case to be honest. theyve lasted a few years though.

im guessing they are recommended over the 3's? original airpods have never stayed in my ears when ive tried them before.

I recently picked up some Pros and have to say I'm very happy with them. Like you, the original airpods didn't stay in my ears but these Pros stay in nicely and are comfortable too. I also had some other cheaper type ones and one would never stay in my ear either after changing different sized tips.

Soldato
I recently picked up some Pros and have to say I'm very happy with them. Like you, the original airpods didn't stay in my ears but these Pros stay in nicely and are comfortable too. I also had some other cheaper type ones and one would never stay in my ear either after changing different sized tips.

i guess my only gripe is the price. is the sound quality decent with them?

ive just picked up a 44mm LTE Apple Watch for £125 which was a bargain so thinking the airpods would just top the trio off nicely.

Associate
i guess my only gripe is the price. is the sound quality decent with them?

ive just picked up a 44mm LTE Apple Watch for £125 which was a bargain so thinking the airpods would just top the trio off nicely.

I'm no audiophile, and believe there are better out there, but for me I find them perfectly fine. You can always try them and send them back if you're not happy with them if bought from Apple directly.

Back
Top Bottom