Upgraded AMD Gaming system to Windows 11 - do I need to do anything else?

Associate
About 4 weeks ago, I had upgraded to Windows 11 as soon as it became available for my custom PC - I have to say that initially I was worried about things going wrong BUT its running fantastically! Absolutely painless process, and some things (like the unreliable multi-screen switching from monitor to OLED TV and issures with changing in-game screen resolution not working properly on TV) have actually massively improved overall experience!!!

I was aware of the issue with AMD CPU and Win 11 early October (way before I upgraded to Win 11) where game performance would be negatively impacted, and a Windows Update & updated AMD drivers were released. Can some of you learned people help me with the following:-

1) Do I need to find & install this Windows update even though I am running latest build fully updated?
2) I am currently on the latest Chipset drivers from the MSI website - however I cannot run the Driver update utility from AMD themselves - returns Error 182 - Radeon Software install detected AMD hardware configuration that is not supported with this software installation - any ideas how I can resolve this?

Any advice will be massively appreciated :) Lal

Soldato
1) No you'll have the update already
2) Uninstall the chipset drivers you currently have on and then try installing the ones directly from AMD, never get the chipset drivers from the motherboard maker.

Back
Top Bottom