Xbox World of Tanks

Associate
I've been playing World of Tanks on xbox the last few weeks and I'm really getting into it. Does anyone here play?

I'm sort of grinding at the moment, trying to get some higher tier tanks and it's difficult, but still highly enjoyable.

I started on the path of British tanks and in hindsight it was maybe a mistake, as I seem to be consistently out gunned and out maneuvered. But I'm sticking with it.

I've found quite a few resources online, but they're mostly for PC and the mechanics of the game seem to be really in depth and reading about in-game tank strategy is really interesting.

So does any one play and do you have any tips? Especially for using British tanks?

Soldato
I've been playing it since the x360 beta back in 2013. I've barely played the game since the 6.0 update though, wargaming changed the game in some big ways + i cant be bothered re-assigning all my crew skills to 160 odd crews, that would take hours!

There are some very good British tanks depending on the tier's you play, you used to be able to save XP by going up the medium & heavy lines as engines/guns/radios etc.. were used in both. From what i've read, this changed in 6.0.

These are the British tanks i kept a crew in and didn't sell after completing the tech tree's:-

Lights:- GSOR, Manticore
Mediums:- Matilda, Sherman 3, Crusader, Centurion 7/1, Centurion AX, FV4202
Heavies:- Conqueror, Chieftain, Super Conqueror, FV215b
Tank Destroyers:- Charioteer, Conway, Badger, FV4005, FV215b 183
Arty:- FV304

I didn't complete the arty line, i only went to tier 6 as i was only interested in the annoying fast firing Bert :)

Mostly the high tier British tanks are great, mediums & heavy's are hull down monsters. mid tier mediums are fast with quick firing guns, the Cromwell can basically be used like a light tank. The light tanks are all very week compared to other nations, so don't bother unless you are good with light tanks.

Some of the British Premium's are great too, basically tech tree tanks with better stats, that you can crew train in and earn more silver at the same time:-

Snakebite, Cromwell Knight, Cromwell B, Banshee, Atomic, Paladin

Crew skills (pre 6.0) i always used to start with Six Sense, Brother in Arms, Repairs, Camo and then move on to more tank specific skills.

-----------
Here's my highest damage in a tier 6 (tier 7 game), it's in a Cromwell B, but the tech tree Cromwell is pretty much the same.

Using it as a light tank scouting at the start, then as a fast firing medium tank after that.

If you have Gamepass, there is a free bundle of premium tanks available at the moment, there was another free bundle late last year too.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for that. I have GP, so I'll take a look.

One thing I'm learning though is mobility appears to be the key to survival and getting kills. If you can maintain movement and speed, out run the opposition's ability to turn their turret and track you, you're on your way to a good game. So at the moment I'm really frustrated with the slow heavy British tanks I'm using.

Last edited:
Associate
Not played much at all since 6.0 but recently started playing again over xmas and starting to enjoy again with a few good games. Recently picked up a Draugen medium tank in the sale and that has been good fun especially using the Hesh rounds towards the end of the battle.

Back
Top Bottom