Netflix on Sky? (Ultimate TV Addon)

Soldato
I'm a little bit confused by all this Netflix stuff that is now on Sky and how they include a subscription in certain packages.

It's been years since I had a Sky subscription but i've got a standard HD Netflix subscription already. Do I need the Ultimate TV Addon if I have the Netflix account already? Can I not just use that with Sky?

Man of Honour
The last time I looked in to this Sky's version of Netlix was just the basic package. It wasn't the HDR version. It even lacked UHD, IIRC; suprising given that one of the main reason for going Q with all the bells and whistles of the add-ons is UHD res with HDR.

Things may have changed, or maybe if it's basic Netflix but much cheaper then it doesn't matter,

Soldato
OP
I'm just looking now and the Basic plan is included with the Ultimate TV/Ultimate TV add-on.

I think you get access to the HD and UHD Netflix by paying for the HD or UHD Sky add-ons but I could be wrong.

Just looking on the Sky site they effectively say the following:
  • Netflix Basic = 1 device and SD and inc with Sky Ultimate
  • Netflix Standard = 2 devices and HD with the Sky HD Pack
  • Netflix Premium = 4 devices and UD with the Sky UHD Pack.

Soldato
Ah ok, thats fine then. Will work out if we pay more or less than what it would be on Sky and cancel if needed!

No need to cancel if you do go for it. Sky will let Netflix know and Netflix will stop billing you. You'll get to keep all your profiles and lists

Soldato
The last time I looked in to this Sky's version of Netlix was just the basic package. It wasn't the HDR version. It even lacked UHD, IIRC; suprising given that one of the main reason for going Q with all the bells and whistles of the add-ons is UHD res with HDR.

Things may have changed, or maybe if it's basic Netflix but much cheaper then it doesn't matter,

Its only about £5 for SD netflix standalone anyway isn't it? HD is £10 iirc

Soldato

Netflix through Sky is the top tier package including 4 users I believe and 4K HDR, also if you migrate to sky your existing log in info still works on other devices.

Edit I apologise it seems after a quick Google Sky have moved the goalposts again for new subs and only offer the basic package. I just took it for granted that it was still the case.

Last edited:
Soldato
It used to be the case that if you took the Sky Netflix option it was just the basic - however if you also took the UHD pack from Sky, your Netflix was upgraded to the UHD/4 Streams package.
That's what I'm on at the moment, I'm paying around £8/month for the top-tier Netflix package via my Sky bundle. That'll all change for me in a couple of months as I'm almost certainly leaving - but had to take into account the fact my Netflix bill will go up from £8/month via Sky to £14 stand-alone.

Soldato
OP
I'm still a bit confused by this. I thought the whole point of getting Netflix through Sky was that it was cheaper than a standalone sub?

I assume for Basic Netflix you have to get the Ultimate TV Addon for £5 a month.
But to get HD or UHD do you have to add the HD (£7) and UHD (£11) packs on as extras to the Ultimate TV or just one on their own?

Otherwise if its the Ultimate TV Addon + HD pack or UHD pack thats £12 (£5+7) or £16 (£5+£11) per month which is more expensive than their corresponding subscriptions direct with Netflix (£9.99 and £13.99).

Am I over complicating this haha?

I also think its absolutely scandalous that HD isn't just the standard subscription for Sky now. Robbin' *****!

Associate
Is it possible to sign up to Sky without the Ultimate TV Add on? So you would end up with just the Sky Signature pack.

Back
Top Bottom