Sky Q router question

Soldato
Hi

Noticed when I downloaded a WiFi analyser app that are neighbours use same 2.4ghz channel on there router as us, 1, 6 and 11

Is it best to leave our Sky Q Router on auto channel or set a specific one.

We occasionally gets wifi problems and wondered if that could be the cause?

Thanks

I also believe this router has 5ghz as well. But I don't know anything about that.

Caporegime
If you are near to the router, it is always much better to use 5Ghz as it will be faster.

What channel are your neighbours using? Just pick a different channel and set it manually. Most wifi analysers tell you which channels traffic is on and always best to pick the one with the least traffic.

Soldato
OP
If you are near to the router, it is always much better to use 5Ghz as it will be faster.

What channel are your neighbours using? Just pick a different channel and set it manually. Most wifi analysers tell you which channels traffic is on and always best to pick the one with the least traffic.
Neighbours seem to be using 1 6 11

Soldato
Unless the neighbours have got multiple wireless access points (or have really messed with channel width) it's very unusual that they're using 1, 6 & 11. I would expect them to be using 1, 6, OR 11. Not all of them.

Stick to 1, 6, or 11. They're the only channels in the 2.4GHz range that don't overlap.

Don
Unless the neighbours have got multiple wireless access points (or have really messed with channel width) it's very unusual that they're using 1, 6 & 11. I would expect them to be using 1, 6, OR 11. Not all of them.

Stick to 1, 6, or 11. They're the only channels in the 2.4GHz range that don't overlap.

They could be using 40Mhz 2.4Ghz wifi, which would be using 1 & 6 or 6 & 11. I can easily see a situation where all of the channels are being used nearby (especially in an apartment block).

Soldato
They could be using 40Mhz 2.4Ghz wifi, which would be using 1 & 6 or 6 & 11. I can easily see a situation where all of the channels are being used nearby (especially in an apartment block).

I know that. I didn't consider that the OP may be living in an apartment or similar. I was thinking that one single neighbour was using 1, 6 & 11 which wasn't a good assumption to make.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom