Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [14th - 19th January 2022]

Caporegime
Nah arsenal are lying, clearing its all made up...
We’re definitely embellishing the situation just as I believe Liverpool did to get the first match pushed back.

It’s very wrong, but it seems to have become standard this season. I don’t think we can do anything about it this season, but things will have to change next season for sure. It certainly wouldn’t be fair to decide it has to stop as soon as we ask for a postponement for the first time.

Soldato
We’re definitely embellishing the situation just as I believe Liverpool did to get the first match pushed back.

It’s very wrong, but it seems to have become standard this season. I don’t think we can do anything about it this season, but things will have to change next season for sure. It certainly wouldn’t be fair to decide it has to stop as soon as we ask for a postponement for the first time.

Why would Liverpool have wanted the first game pushed back? Other then losing home advantage in the second leg im not sure what they gained.

Caporegime
Why would Liverpool have wanted the first game pushed back? Other then losing home advantage in the second leg im not sure what they gained.
You had a much better squad available on Thursday, but let’s not rehash that argument again.
It’s just annoying me the way the likes of Neville and Carragher are saying that it now has to stop, just as we ask for our first ever postponement. I don’t recall Neville saying too much over Christmas when Utd were getting games postponed.

it’s all about Sky, they’re doing whatever they can to protect their own interests and get their super Sunday game on. They’ve also got the cheek to claim they are thinking about the fans. They couldn’t give a toss about their fans as proved by some of their disgusting scheduling for TV.

Soldato
Me included…

I had plans for tomorrow

Exactly. Get on with it...either way make the decision.

You had a much better squad available on Thursday, but let’s not rehash that argument again.
It’s just annoying me the way the likes of Neville and Carragher are saying that it now has to stop, just as we ask for our first ever postponement. I don’t recall Neville saying too much over Christmas when Utd were getting games postponed.

it’s all about Sky, they’re doing whatever they can to protect their own interests and get their super Sunday game on. They’ve also got the cheek to claim they are thinking about the fans. They couldn’t give a toss about their fans as proved by some of their disgusting scheduling for TV,

Yes because we had players back from covid lol. It does need to stop though...from next season they'll have to make it so people use the 40+ players they have on their books because every club has them. We had to do exactly that vs Spurs in December when Morton played. Unless they do something, again from next season, you'll get teams purposely have small squads to manipulate mini breaks.

I didnt even factor in Sky but thats what will be holding it up. They'll be crying about their "super" Sunday being disrupted.

Forget the fans, they arent relevant. Farce.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I know City are very much at the point of massively diminishing returns when it comes to transfers but Grealish hasn't really improved them at all IMO.

Soldato
I know City are very much at the point of massively diminishing returns when it comes to transfers but Grealish hasn't really improved them at all IMO.
I think he's got the capacity to, much as Mahrez did, but it'll take him a season or two to get up to speed, and the question is whether fans give him the time

Soldato
I really rate Grealish but I think hes completely the wrong sort of player for Citys system.
That's what I mean though - Mahrez was wrong as well, and it's taken him 2 seasons to work out when to be Mahrez and when to just give the ball first time. Grealish is the same - if he learns to only do it at the right moment his dribbling is a huge weapon and will improve City's penetration, but it'll take time for the rest of his game to catch up to what the team is doing

Back
Top Bottom