• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Samsung launches its RDNA2 powered SoC, the "Exynos 2200", using TSMC 4nm

Soldato
Very light on specs, don't know anything about the GPUs core layout, cache or clock speeds. The only thing we know is that it has cores for Ray Tracing and supports variable rate shading.

Samsung's marketing is running with the tagline "playtime is over", then claiming that Exynos 2200 will usher in a new era where mobile phones compete with console graphics

Of course it's more than likely rubbish claims. Samsung never shy's away from comparisons yet they've provided no benches, data or made any comparisons with last year's Qualcomm SoC or any competitors like the iPhone 13 Pro.

Rumours have for a while said the Exynos 2200 SoC suffers from overheating and clock speed throttling - I wonder if Samsung has resolved those issues but then why not show benchmarks

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/exynos/products/mobileprocessor/exynos-2200/

Soldato
Might be a worthwhile upgrade over my galaxy s20 plus.

Will wait and see about its performance later on I don't really care for the gaming side of things on mobile phones just want good performance.

Back
Top Bottom