What TV shows are you currently watching

I watched 2 superb documentaries on BBC iPlayer on This World.

The first was on the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attacks in Paris and the whole situation that unfolded.

Then the terrorist attack at Westgate shopping centre in Kenya in 2013.

Such a scary insight into the minds of these people.

I felt honestly emotionally drained after watching them but I do highly recommend them.

Have something light to watch afterwards if you do!

Soldato
It drew me in, reminiscent of a combination of Fargo and Hitchcock, its one of those plots you'll either like or hate, personally, I enjoyed.

first 2 episodes ok - but by 3rd episode credibility of the plot is lacking , despite novelty of aussie location - a bit close to Fargo too, yes - so I'm jumping ship

Started watching Hidden assets (bbc4) seems well acted interesting international plot/locations, belgian/irish production,
better than mechanical/dramatic jed mercurio stuff (line of duty/submarine) I see ITV now plugging their own jed series upcoming - will avoid

Man of Honour
I downloaded all 6 episodes of “Hidden Assets” on Sunday a.m. and we watched 3 before Sunday night dinner, then the other 3 after dinner, it’s on BBC4.
An Irish/Flemish cops embezzlement and terror production filmed mostly around Shannon and Antwerp it was very enjoyable and credible, you know that something is good when you’ve got 2 episodes left and you’re already feeling gutted that it’s nearly finished.
Top marks from me.
Sorry, just realised that jpaul had commented on “Hidden Assets”, I could have just applauded his choice.

I downloaded all 6 episodes of “Hidden Assets” on Sunday a.m. and we watched 3 before Sunday night dinner, then the other 3 after dinner, it’s on BBC4.
An Irish/Flemish cops embezzlement and terror production filmed mostly around Shannon and Antwerp it was very enjoyable and credible, you know that something is good when you’ve got 2 episodes left and you’re already feeling gutted that it’s nearly finished.
Top marks from me.
Sorry, just realised that jpaul had commented on “Hidden Assets”, I could have just applauded his choice.
It sounds excellent! Will be next on my list to watch.

Associate
When I were a lad we only had BBC 1 and ITV. Kids today are spoilt rotten...;):cry::cry:

Really spoiled until there's no wifi! Back in the day when i was young to find something decent on the TV i had go to my local newsagents and quickly look through a TV guide until i got caught and booted out of there. There are times that the TV would go static in a good scene & i would have to move the antenna around like a complete plonker to get the reception back. Fun times:D!

Soldato
Finished Expanse Friday, Yellowstone on Saturday and started Succession last night, shows a lot of promise - elements of Billions there for sure and Empire to a degree without the slickness of either which isn't entirely a bad thing.

Soldato
I watched all of the recent BBC adaptation of Around the World in 80 Days with David Tennant. I like DT and I quite enjoyed it. It's family style entertainment but it casts an interesting and critical eye on the cads of the Empire and handles some more modern moral issues without getting too clumsy or contrived.

Associate
Finished watch The Expanse (final season). Although cut short it was a pretty good build up and good ending. Hopefully they would make the last 3 books in this franchise in the future.

Currently watched up to episode 3 on Station Eleven. Its pretty slow but interesting.

Back
Top Bottom