One for the streamers

Associate
Hi. I'm hoping someone can help with this one please.

I've recently built a 1 case, 2 system PC for a friend and the intension is to use system 1 to game and system 2 to stream from.

System 1 - 5900x, b450 mobo, 32gb ddr4 3600mhz, 3070 fe
system 2 - 5600g, b550 mobo, 16gb ddr4 3200mhz, Elgato 4k60 pro mk2 - All powered by a phanteks dual system psu and housed in a Metallicgear neo qube.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to configure the elgato to output the video of system 2.
Connections are as follows. 3070 display port into monitor 1, 3070 hdmi into elgato input (system 2), egato output into monitor 2.

All I keep getting is either a black screen or a replication of screen 1. To physically see what system two is showing e.g the desktop, I have to plug the HDMI straight from the system 2 mobo into monitor 2.

There has to be a simple setting which is incorrect......

Can someone please help??

Associate
I may have the wrong end of the stick here, but i don't think the elgato can output the system its in. I believe its just a capture card with a passthrough. The idea being that you can capture a 2nd system while still seeing what you're capturing. Which is important for things like consoles which only have a single video out.

So the solution would be to Run the gaming system into the elgato, and then out from the elgato to a monitor, and then the streaming system straight to the 2nd monitor from the motherboards video out. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Success.

So as per above we couldn't use the output on the Elgato to display a picture. Turns out we had to go straight from the 3070 via display port to a monitor for gaming and then duplicate the screen. HDMI out from the 3070 into the Elgato input and the HDMI out from the 2nd system motherboard into a monitor. OBS picked up the duplicate signal and job done.

Back
Top Bottom