I don't think I've been this angry in years.

Associate
LOL , my housemate is a Lloyds customer, and I noticed on his laptop that all the letters he has to write to them are named '******g bank.doc', ******g bank2.doc', '******g bank3.doc" etc

Soldato
banja said:
LOL , my housemate is a Lloyds customer, and I noticed on his laptop that all the letters he has to write to them are named '******* bank.doc', ****** bank2.doc', '****** bank3.doc" etc

Tell him to put a footer at the bottom of the page so it prints out complete with the filename... :)

Permabanned
OP
tom26 said:
That would be my fault then, lol sorry

My girlfriend actually asked me why I was in such a foul mood later that evening.

Back on topic - got £550 back now (rent... which is actually not a direct debit - it's a standing order.

:/

*n

Associate
A friend of mine got so fed up with banks he now takes them on over little things and has a lot of success, he normally quotes the banking ombudsman at them and this seems to work.

Not sure on the link to them but I found this link below

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

If anyone else could post if they have used them, but my mate managed to get compensation for Lloyds taking too long to consider him for an overdraft or loan. He works in IT and not a banking expert. :)

Soldato
penski said:
How does one suck a big time fact?

*n

no idea.

put it this way id move if i was you penski from lloyds to somebody else.

my parents had all there cards and cheque books cloned by somebody working on the inside and they emptied all accounts. llloyds didnt want to admit to anything and it took months to sort out.

Suspended
Neon said:
no idea.

my parents had all there cards and cheque books cloned by somebody working on the inside and they emptied all accounts. llloyds didnt want to admit to anything and it took months to sort out.

To be honest it seems like so much fraud happens from the inside. It happened to me too. Banks really need to check their employees activities more, it's ridiculous that you just tell someone your password over the phone.
So keeping your password private means telling some random call centre worker too?

Suspended
$loth said:
They do that :| I'd never do that!

What I resent most is having to go into a mobile phone shop (Orange twice) and when they have to phone up the call centre on your behalf, they explain the problem to them and then hand the phone over and say,
'They need your password to access your file'
In a shop full of people!!

How about I just get a loudspeaker :|

Permabanned
OP
Neon said:
no idea.

To be honest, that was an individual, not the bank and, had they been working for HSBC, they would have done it at HSBC.

As I've said previously, I and my family have all had nothing but good experiences with LTSB.

I've literally just got off the bank with my dad - he has a secondary account with Abbey which he rarely uses. He had forgotten about a quarterly direct debit for £6.89 which took him £3.57 overdrawn for five days.

He got an instant £50 charge which he's been fighting for six weeks now.

Checking online, he found out that Abbey were bought out by the Spanish bank Banco Santander who then implemented the £50 charges.

He also found many cases of idle accounts with £0.08 or similar overdrafts which have been hit with an instant £50 fine.

I'll stick with LTSB, thanks.

*n

Soldato
penski said:
I've been with them since I was a kid and have very rarely experienced any issues. As with the case above, on the few occasions that I have, they have been dealt with promptly and to my satisfaction.

When I compare this to my gf's constant whinging about Natwest and my friends doing similar about HSBC et cetera, I think I'll stick with Lloyds TSB.

*n

Seems they like to store it all up and make one monumental **** up every now and then!

I would probably have fainted had my account been pruned of nearly a grand.

At least it is being sorted :)

SiriusB

Associate
Didn't happen to me, although I did have £800 disapear one day.
Fortunately I got through to a call centre in the UK and they sorted it right away.

Permabanned
If it happened to me Id be shocked and very worried, but as soon as I found out it was a mistake and was to be put right Id be fine. Why on earth would you be seething at that? I cant understand it. You know you will get it back so whats there to be mad for, for more than a minute?

Permabanned
OP
sniper007 said:
If it happened to me Id be shocked and very worried, but as soon as I found out it was a mistake and was to be put right Id be fine. Why on earth would you be seething at that? I cant understand it. You know you will get it back so whats there to be mad for, for more than a minute?

That's the thing - ordinarily I am the most relaxed guy imaginable. I was completely fine about it within a few minutes of getting off the phone.

I still blame Tom26 ;)

*n

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Kami said:
I think banks have it pretty hard these days, I've had problems with them in the past but you have to remember they have billions of transactions taking place every day, some are bound to get messed up. We demand speed and want instant access to our cash, fact is it means less chances for each transaction to be checked and verified.

Security takes a hit when we're after speed.

And we want it all for free

Back
Top Bottom