** Official Autumn Dashboard Update Killed My Xbox Thread **

Associate
Haven't tried it yet on my Pal machine. [GLOAT Mode on] Was too busy playing NCAA 2007 on my spanking new NTSC 360 to try [GLOAT Mode off]. Need to sort out connecting that to live as well.

Associate
My update was problem free, must say though LOVE the improvements! Is it just me or does everyones downloads from marketplace seem soooo much faster???

Soldato
Haly said:
Well mine still won't update :( Bit stumped now :/

Tried forcing it via the system blade and Live connection test?

How are you connecting the 360 to the net? If its going through a router or PC, try connecting it directly to the modem if possible.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Nismo said:
Tried forcing it via the system blade and Live connection test?

How are you connecting the 360 to the net? If its going through a router or PC, try connecting it directly to the modem if possible.
Yup tried the live connection test, it won't connect to live but says it's all fine otherwise.

Not tried connecting directly so I'll try that, but did try rebooting the router etc.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Ahh connecting directly worked, thanks :)
Didn't think of that as the last time I updated, it wasn't bothered going via router.

Associate
It does look as though the 360/Live! make use of UPnP when it's on a NAT behind a router. It works fine here, but some routers have bad UPnP implementations, which could be why it wouldn't connect to live during the test, or perform the update. Does actually using Live work fine through the router?

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Yeah works fine now :) Worked fine before the update too, just didn't like updating.

Associate
heh weird. Guess your 360 was happy with its current 'image' and didn't want to change! :p

Liking the massive new power meters, were tiny before, especially when peering at them through Picture in Picture.

Oh thats a point guys, off topic I know, but can the 2405FPW PiP VGA and DVI-D?

Associate
sigh... 360 since december no problems, just done update goes to reboot
the logo comes half up and locks up turn it on now and flashing red lights
yaaaay so happy right now :(
Any tricks to try?
took off the hdd same thing
...edit just unplugged it and back in, turns on but logo semi comes up and locks up wont go any further
guess give MS a call tomo .

Back
Top Bottom