Royal Mail strike tomorrow - how many Posties use this forum?

Soldato
shiner said:
I think its about time the mail system was opened up to competition companies on a national scale. Maybe we'd all get things on time and not broken then.

I understand it already is. But the private companies prefer to deliver to large urban populations and won't touch out of towners with a bargepole unless you pay something like £10 per normal letter and even then they sometimes sub contract delivery to the Royal Mail.

Permabanned
I've only had one problem with Royal Mail, and I've sent 1000's of parcels (ex full time Ebayer) and received hundreds. Our local sorting office know me by name, our postie always gets a good tip at Christmas. I spoke to him about it. He said he didnt actually want to strike, but the union reps were hounding them to, and basically stirring other younger workers into striking. He said he realised that RM are losing business and this wasnt gonna help. He was quite happy with the pay rise offered.

He actaully made me smile. He asked me if I was expecting anything, and said he would go in a get it for me if I was! :)

Permabanned
brocksta said:
Hats off to the guys still working tbh. I imagine they would probably get a lot of stick for it, but its good to know there are some people about who dont get pressured into pointless exercises and have a bit of common.

Yea there the good guys
just had a post man drive past me earley :D

Soldato
brocksta said:
Hats off to the guys still working tbh. I imagine they would probably get a lot of stick for it, but its good to know there are some people about who dont get pressured into pointless exercises and have a bit of common.
They probably arent union members, no other reason than that imo.

Back
Top Bottom