Vista Gaming Hog!

Soldato
Just installed vista on my gaming machine.

Gone from 9900 3DMARK06 points in XP to 8900 in Vista. Crikey that's a 10% performance loss! :eek:

Windows update seems to of done a lot of downloading and I've got the latest GPU drivers but are there any other tweaks for improving Vista gaming performance?

Crysis seems to run ok but I can't help feeling that I've lost something and that it's out there if I just look hard enough............

Deleted member 64478

D

Deleted member 64478

Installed Vista, Installed all upto date drivers, Updated Bios, Installed all updates?

If all of them are up to date theres problems if its a fresh install.

Soldato
It's called a fresh install...to Windows XP:)

Am rather tempted to do this myself...

Sometimes I quite like Vista, but XP was just less hassle. It's the small niggly things in Vista that are putting me off it. Not the least of which is the built-in backup rendering my system unstable.

Does XP require any kind of updates for quad cores? And is it ok to leave my 4 Gigs in, even if XP won't recognise beyond 3.2?

Permabanned
Both Windows XP Pro and Home will support both dual core and quad cores processors as long as they are on the same processors. There are no additional licensing fees per core. But when you have a system using two processors, only Windows XP Pro supports this function.

Microsoft states officially:

“Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Windows XP Home are not affected by this policy as they are licensed per installation and not per processor. Windows XP Professional can support up to two processors regardless of the number of cores on the processor. Microsoft Windows XP Home supports one processor. “

Back
Top Bottom