fitting a tuniq tower ?

Soldato
You only need the tiniest bit, about the size of a grain of rice. It spreads really thin.

Oh, and read the FAQ for your sig. 4 Lines max my friend ;)
Do it quick before Martha/Jefan sees it.

Associate
Sorry, last question hopefully and maybe a stupid one too.

The 3 Pin Fan connector, does this go to CPU_Fan or CHA-Fan1?

My AC 7 Pro is currently connected to the CPU_Fan and the speed is controled by the bios i'm guessing.

I'm a bit confused since the Tuniq has a fan controller switch which controls the Fan speed.

OR can i just set the fan speed to high, connect it to the CPU_Fan and let the bios control the speed automatically.

TIA

Soldato
Sorry, last question hopefully and maybe a stupid one too.

The 3 Pin Fan connector, does this go to CPU_Fan or CHA-Fan1?

My AC 7 Pro is currently connected to the CPU_Fan and the speed is controled by the bios i'm guessing.

I'm a bit confused since the Tuniq has a fan controller switch which controls the Fan speed.

OR can i just set the fan speed to high, connect it to the CPU_Fan and let the bios control the speed automatically.

TIA

You can do either, it all depends on your load temps and what you are happy with in the end in terms of noise and temps.

Soldato
You would need to plug it into the CPU fan header also, as some motherboards have a bit of a fit if they detect 0 RPM for the CPU fan and presume it is faulty so will beep a lot.

/Edit

With my Tuniq i have the fan speed at about half way all of the time as it is barely audible, and i notice a neglible difference in temps than if it is on high, where there is a definite whooshing noise coming from the fan.

Last edited:
Associate
okay, CPU Fan header it is.

Thinking the cable from the header to controler my be short.

May even by easier to hide it within the case somewhere as the Antec 900 is easy enough to open anyway, which i do regular to clean the dust out :)

Associate
I had a complete nightmare last night now i'm trying to make a conclusion out of this so i can restore faith in new system. :(

I fitted the Tuniq Tower and once put everything back together, the system would not post. After messing around so so much trying different things and connecting bare minimum (no headers etc) i removed the mobo from case, placed on Mobo anti-static bag, it posted. Tried it 3 times and got display each time. Put mobo back into case and never posted. Put Strips of Duck Tape on the case's backplate and still never posted. Removed the Tuniq 3 Pin Fan Connector and Fan Controller so see if thats causing the issue\short circuit, still never posted, Removed GFX and 3 out of 4 sticks of RAM, still never posted, reset CMOS, still never posted. raised the mobo out of the case a little as i tighten only one screw (i know, being daring now) still nothing. Rechecked eveything, Powered it up and left system , pressed reset key, got display, hit it again, no display, turned it off, and back on, no display, pressed reset, got display, turned it off and on and got display, hit reset no display.

Then when i got the display again, i went into the bios as there were system post errors. Modified system date time, floppy drive etc, saved and rebooted and fine. Set OC settings back, fine and tried it this morning, fine.

Possible Issues -

1. Not Grounded myself properly so static was built up in the system. i was touching my other pc case and rad to discharge myself.

2. Over tightened the Tuniq Tower Screws so was touching the case backplate as clearly there were visible marks on their.

3. IO Shield pin pushed out and touching the WIFI Aerial causing it to short circiut

4. BIOS corrupted. When i reflashed system from within Windows before i OC'ed, windows restarted but then the system didn't post, same issue. i powered it down and powered it back up and it was fine and has been.... not including yesterday. At one point also yesterday, the bios reported 2401 ratherthan 2400. When i took the system apart and put it back together again, the system booted and detected new cpu and the bios reported it as 2400.

So what you make of all this and what would you do now?

Furthermore, my idle temp is around 38 now and full load (prime) hit 67 after 10 mins, whereas before full load was 67 after 6 hours or so.

Lastly, i don't seem go get any system beeps even when the system is working since my case doesnt have a PC Speaker connector. The Mobo has a buzzer which i never seem to hear though. :(

Soldato
You may be better off getting the latest stable BIOS for your motherboard and flash it using a boot disk, rather than do it in windows.

With regards to the bootup issues, i had similar ones when i reseated my Tuniq, i tightened the screws as far as they could go and upon starting up, the fans would spin for 1/2 a second, then stop, then start, then stop and would continue to do this until i switched it off at the PSU.

To get over this i took the Tuniq off completely, reapplied the MX2 after cleaning off the old stuff and reseated the Tuniq again. After doing this the PC decided to boot up normally.

Dont know whether all that will help but might give you a bit of a guideline to go with.

Associate
Think mine does a bit but its fine when its all screwed into the motherboard tray. Was worried my motherboard was going to break or something but i can see they are pretty tough now

Last edited:
Associate
I had a complete nightmare last night now i'm trying to make a conclusion out of this so i can restore faith in new system. :(

I fitted the Tuniq Tower and once put everything back together, the system would not post. After messing around so so much trying different things and connecting bare minimum (no headers etc) i removed the mobo from case, placed on Mobo anti-static bag, it posted. Tried it 3 times and got display each time. Put mobo back into case and never posted. Put Strips of Duck Tape on the case's backplate and still never posted. Removed the Tuniq 3 Pin Fan Connector and Fan Controller so see if thats causing the issue\short circuit, still never posted, Removed GFX and 3 out of 4 sticks of RAM, still never posted, reset CMOS, still never posted. raised the mobo out of the case a little as i tighten only one screw (i know, being daring now) still nothing. Rechecked eveything, Powered it up and left system , pressed reset key, got display, hit it again, no display, turned it off, and back on, no display, pressed reset, got display, turned it off and on and got display, hit reset no display.

Then when i got the display again, i went into the bios as there were system post errors. Modified system date time, floppy drive etc, saved and rebooted and fine. Set OC settings back, fine and tried it this morning, fine.

Possible Issues -

1. Not Grounded myself properly so static was built up in the system. i was touching my other pc case and rad to discharge myself.

2. Over tightened the Tuniq Tower Screws so was touching the case backplate as clearly there were visible marks on their.

3. IO Shield pin pushed out and touching the WIFI Aerial causing it to short circiut

4. BIOS corrupted. When i reflashed system from within Windows before i OC'ed, windows restarted but then the system didn't post, same issue. i powered it down and powered it back up and it was fine and has been.... not including yesterday. At one point also yesterday, the bios reported 2401 ratherthan 2400. When i took the system apart and put it back together again, the system booted and detected new cpu and the bios reported it as 2400.

So what you make of all this and what would you do now?

Furthermore, my idle temp is around 38 now and full load (prime) hit 67 after 10 mins, whereas before full load was 67 after 6 hours or so.

Lastly, i don't seem go get any system beeps even when the system is working since my case doesnt have a PC Speaker connector. The Mobo has a buzzer which i never seem to hear though. :(

It's happened again, the System, will not post. All i did was now turn the system off from the corsair power supply switch and when i put it back on, the system will not post again.

i pressed the reset switch and it posted and said "Overclocking Failed", hit the reset again and won't post again anymore.

It sounds like mobo is either faulty or the power supply is not sufficient enough :-S I'm going to RMA the board now.

What do i do about the Tuniq Tower Sticky pad now? Order a new one as spare?

Associate
Can I make a suggestion, that I saw on another thread, sometimes the screws for the TT touch your sideplate/ MB support causing a short, try backing the screws off a thread or so and see if that works.

Back
Top Bottom