***HTC Magic Thread***

None of the issues you mentione there have been observed by myself and many others here.

You must have chubby fingers?

- Texting is fine evenw ith teh stock keyboard in both H and V orientation.
- At being a phone it's no different to any other phone? You get bluetooth, speakerphone, voice dialing, blacklists etc and a Gmail integrated contacts system.
- Signal drops are rare in decent signal areas? I work in Rowlands castle and still manage to be able to make calls
- I never have to turn mine off...

The only bugs I encounter are random custom ROM related bugs that get fixed in Cyan's updates anyway but that's to be expected.

In fact I find Android as a phone OS to be the best phone OS with the most customisation available.

Very few problems with mine. I do get some weird issues with having to force my Magic to use the Vodafone network. I sometimes get "No service" on my notifications, sometimes it says I'm on Orange. Could be because I'm in the basement room of an old house?

Had this phone for a few months now, lets be honest, its pretty crap when you get over its features..

It sucks at being a PHONE. Clunky to use the menus, hard to text, drops signal and have to turn off to use etc etc.

Menus are fine IMO, texting is improved drastically with the Hero kb, signal drop I've had once which admittedly was annoying.

Have you downloaded the keyboard from the link in Cyanogen's XDA forums thread? He does state if you have issues then install that one.
I have the HTC_IME file on my sdcard. How do I install it to replace the Magic keyboard? I've seen a comparison screenshot of the two keyboards and the Hero kb looks miles better. :)

It should be an .apk file so all you need to do is use a file manager, like Linda file manager, and select t in there to install it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=567294
Cheers, thought so. Wanted to check just in case there was some complicated procedure. :p

It's installed but the keyboard looks the same. Do I have to turn the phone off and back on again to get the new one running?

you have to change the default keyboard. let me remeber how and I'll post it, unless you suss it first.

Locale & Text

then check touch input

Then in a text input box do a long press to get the input method box up and in there select Touch Input

Last edited:
you have to change the default keyboard. let me remeber how and I'll post it, unless you suss it first.

Locale & Text

then check touch input

Then in a text input box do a long press to get the input method box up and in there select Touch Input
Nice. I'd done everything bar the last sentence. :) All sorted now. Looks much better and more UI sensibly designed. :p

Back
Top Bottom