Gelid cooler installed (Finally)

Soldato
Well after reading the manual a few times, and checking out various online manuals.

Thought it was about time, I got this installed.

I won't explain how I fitted it, as 99.9% of users know how it all works and fits.

Nightmare moments have to be forgetting to put on those black washers, working out which way the cooler back plate goes on and lastly having to move ram. The fan gets in the way of slot 1 or 4 depending on how numbering works.

Sorry about the picture quality. I only took pictures, to stop the. Pics or it didn't happen crew ;)

Many Thanks to Stulid for

A recommending the cooler and TIM/ETC.
B Helping me via email to install it.
C OCUK for the service and as always price.

So here are some rubbish quality pictures.

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

Money shot, pfft :p

IMG_0701.jpg

I felt a lot more confident installing the cooler, than I did creating the machine I can tell you that.

So what's next.

Crossfire 6950
New PSU
New Case
Watercooling

On and one last shot, after last time. No more risks lol.

IMG_0702.jpg

I think this means I am no longer a Pc Noob and no more how do I install a cooler,ram, cpu etc.

So a Big thank you to everyone :)

Soldato
OP
I did standard,high and very high. It wouldn't let me do maximum. As it came up with a ram error. Any ways the temps from standard to very high are basically what you see.

Looks good to me.

I didn't do 10 runs, but tbh I did each test right after each other.

It cools, down very very quickly.

max.jpg

Soldato
OP
Some people say overnight etc, I get bored after 1hr:D

With prime people tend to run for 8hrs +, I only run for 2.

I don't mind running it over night. I can put temp alarm on, and my fan controller has an alarm on it, in case fans fails

EDIT -

Just looked at prime95 and I have never run it :(

So out of the four options, and one being the custom one. Which one do I select, and how many torture tests (lol)

Last edited:
Soldato
So out of the four options, and one being the custom one. Which one do I select, and how many torture tests (lol)

here is a guide on how to run prime http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

i just run the large ffts test overnight, but Intel burn test is just as good,
you passed 20 runs so i would say you are stable

edit.
also your cpu is good upto the low 70's.C, so you can overclock it higher if you want.
and dont forget that prime or intel burn test is extreme, day to day gaming will be around 10-20.C lower

Last edited:
Soldato
ahh man i so want to know what case your going to be using now. if you'd have told us i wouldnt have been overly bothered (unless its something really cool) but because you wont tell me im dying to know

good to see you installed the gelid without any problems :)

Back
Top Bottom