• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Unigine Valley Leaderboard**

Associate
3OpHbfX.jpg

Tried with a little bump to the CPU (still haven't fine tuned it) but it seems to have increased my score marginally. Managed to get the same clock on the GPU with lower volts (actually tweaked it) so pretty happy with this card so far

Associate
Final two runs I think. Anymore and I think my card may burn, need to get my system under water to go any further I think.

i7 4770k @ 4.3
290 tri-x @ 1140/1625 +125mv

ZEdpctS.jpg

Next run was using tweaks off this forum site Overclock.net Valley
Looking at the score it created I can't see how this looks anything like a legitimate score.

eByywkX.jpg

How anyone can think the scores on there are legit considering the driver tweaks they allow.

Associate
Why aren't those tweaks legitimate? All you are doing is telling Nvidia Control Panel to operate on max potential for Valley. There are no driver tweaks.

Edit: OcUK guys aren't doing anything different if this thread is anything to go by- http:// forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18599572

My point is that this is nothing new and a part of overclocking to get the most of your system. This works with games and other programs too.

Last edited:
Associate
Can't see links on this phone but don't those tweaks allow you to override valleys settings, adjust AF and so on? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the benchmark where everyone has to run the exact same settings?

I prefer the way we do it here, seems fair. I'm alsñ a bit drunk so i could be talking crap

Associate
Can't see links on this phone but don't those tweaks allow you to override valleys settings, adjust AF and so on? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the benchmark where everyone has to run the exact same settings?

I prefer the way we do it here, seems fair. I'm alsñ a bit drunk so i could be talking crap

Lol no, you can't override Valley settings at all. The only place where a control panel can come into play is turning Tessellation on/off with AMD cards in Futuremark benchmarks.

Caporegime
OP
Final two runs I think. Anymore and I think my card may burn, need to get my system under water to go any further I think.

i7 4770k @ 4.3
290 tri-x @ 1140/1625 +125mv

ZEdpctS.jpg

Next run was using tweaks off this forum site Overclock.net Valley
Looking at the score it created I can't see how this looks anything like a legitimate score.

eByywkX.jpg

How anyone can think the scores on there are legit considering the driver tweaks they allow.

Its a difficult thing for me to police too, you have to start throwing accusations around.
Never a good thing. :)

Anyway. done.

Soldato
Those all look like Nvidia control panel tweaks and Windows 7 generic stuff like closing down other programs, Windows classic theme etc. There are no hacks there so dont really see a problem.

edit - drivers is a big one, I have had upto 300 points loss / gain when teting different drivers.

Caporegime
OP
Those all look like Nvidia control panel tweaks and Windows 7 generic stuff like closing down other programs, Windows classic theme etc. There are no hacks there so dont really see a problem.

edit - drivers is a big one, I have had upto 300 points loss / gain when teting different drivers.

Yeah, shutting down unnecessary Windows bloatware is not cheating.

Forcing lower AA, AF ecte... thats cheating, you can do that with both GPU's.

Associate

The 'tweak' I used was the CCC one and it added 200 points to my score with the same clocks, didn't change any of the generic stuff just the driver. It makes a lot of difference.

Associate
You can turn Tess on/off in CCC, that makes a legitimate improvement which can't be done with Nvidia cards and hence I see that as something that shouldn't be allowed. Futuremark agrees, HWBot does not so we play by their rules there. Here, I think the generic things to optimize this one program gives you a few FPS more at best and is something I would personally recommend everyone do. Takes 5 min max and you end up having a more efficient PC for any application, not just benchmarks.

Soldato
I personally think everyone should use one specific driver be it ATI / Nvidia then use a specific profile for the benchmark. That way everyone has the same settings

3472 > 3630 with slight overclock and using the first 2 steps of the tweak guide

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom