• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Ive maxed absolutely everything with the exception of MSAA which is turned off. Now my testing in Dragon Age has only been inside the big keep you get half way through the game. Seems like a brutal place considering my old 780 lightning would throw up whenever i tried 3440x1440.. I dont know if there are any worse places performance wise.

Redcliffe Village is intense - walk around town especially the heavily populated areas. To be fair my 'benchmark' was from quite some time ago on an outdated patch/driver.

The 980 Ti is superb at this resolution as I knew it would be.

Soldato
Has anyone called OCUk today? Are any in stock to purchase?

Spoken to them multiple times on chat. Always the same ambiguous answer. I probably wouldn't even hesitate to hazard a guess that they only called the supplier once and didn't even ask for information.

Update us for the love of God! This is really shoddy.

Associate
Considering 3 weeks ago I sent back a DOA Titan X, it seems this worked out rather well.

More glamour shots. Now I only need NVIDIA to start selling their SLI bridges here.

HBICLci.jpg

USb7KUO.jpg

Just annoyed my 980 Tis are overdue. Your cards are looking great, really nice clean setup. :)

Definitely let us know how they perform.

Soldato
Looks like I can't go with the hybrids. my HAF-x case would need too much work to remove the drive bays at top and bottom to fit the AIOs. Too many rivets for me to be bothered with.

Anyway got the MSI model? How noisy are the fans. Might be a couple of them that I go for.

Soldato
Does this 3D Mark score look alright to anyone? I haven't see any 980Ti SLI reviews yet so no idea how this compares.

So far the two cards sound about as loud as my old GTX 580 I just replaced them with. I'll need to game a bit to see how loud they really get though.

RgPas8M.png

Last edited:
Associate
Well, a slight update to my current experience with the 980ti. No doubt its a heater but the last few gaming sessions havent been that bad actually in this department.

Last session was BF4 Using ultra preset @ 3440x1440 locked to 60 fps and vsync enabled.
Through out the entire match the fps was steady and didnt dip and usage went between 35-60% :p so much performance in this card. Card didnt go above 69 degrees with a custom fancurve reaching 55%. Its a little noisy due to the air getting tunneled through the heatsink but with a pair of headphones on as i usually use i didnt notice it one bit.

Its so sweet to be able to push fps=hz at such a high resolution monitor with maximum details even in games like Dragon Age INQ.

I would however recommend any 980ti to download the gsync hotfix driver from nvidia ->HERE<-. I got annoying stuttering on the release driver whenever i used vsync and this driver for whatever reason have fixed it..

im downloading battlefield again tonight to test it out. you tried witcher 3 by any chance?

Soldato
Oh my! at 1440p with Full Ultra, everything on including AA and gameworks I get around 71-85 fps. Even while fighting a big wolfpack. The hair on animals looks awesome.

If I turn off hairworks I average 87-96fps in a forest with wolves about.

Max temps stayed at 83 degrees, in 3DMark, and in Witcher 3. Both cards together are just a smidgen louder than my GTX 580 I replaced.

Associate
Oh my! at 1440p with Full Ultra, everything on including AA and gameworks I get around 71-85 fps. Even while fighting a big wolfpack. The hair on animals looks awesome.

If I turn off hairworks I average 87-96fps in a forest with wolves about.

Max temps stayed at 83 degrees, in 3DMark, and in Witcher 3. Both cards together are just a smidgen louder than my GTX 580 I replaced.

Have you tried overclocking them?

Back
Top Bottom