• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
That video sounds like the pump, not coilwhine. And I hope that's an extreme case as that sounds clapped out. I have two D5s in my build and they aren't even a 1/4 as loud.

Yup thats the issue, AMD have stated they worked with coolermaster so this isn't an issue with retail cards. Apparently the "initial batch" also included retail cards considering there's a good few of them showing up sounding like this. Yet ocuk are saying you cant send it back for this despite the fact amd stated it was an issue that shouldn't exist in the retail product? How does that work?

Soldato
Yup thats the issue, AMD have stated they worked with coolermaster so this isn't an issue with retail cards. Apparently the "initial batch" also included retail cards considering there's a good few of them showing up sounding like this. Yet ocuk are saying you cant send it back for this despite the fact amd stated it was an issue that shouldn't exist in the retail product? How does that work?

Well if that's the case couldn't the customer keep their card for a while put up with the slightly irritating noise that can be heard when close to card. Then RMA the card direct and get an update model months down the line when stock is plentiful?

So either option isn't that bad, either return it back straight away and have long wait for stock, or keep using the card and when stock is more plentiful send it for RMA replacement for newer model. Either way not that bad really. Sometimes you do get dodgy stuff. I've had DOA mobo's and PSU's in the past.

Associate
This RMA BS is one of the main reasons I try to buy as much as possible from a certain competitor, they will let you RMA pretty much anything within 30 days for a full refund for literally any reason as long as you haven't damaged it and still have the original box.

This^

Soldato
lol Can't be too few if this many people are reporting the issue. There weren't many available in the first place.

People have just been whipped up into a frenzy and think because they can hear the faintest whisper with their ear up to the card they have a duff unit.

It's a phenomenon we've seen before, should probably give it a name by now. :D

Soldato
Neon Lights: I also had the memory bug.

y6VhbH.png

In the "Furry and Tessy" Test (1920x1080, 4xMSAA) in MSI Kombustor 2.5.0 600MHz memory clock (and standard core clock) gives me 57FPS instead of 49FPS.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1547314/...nano-x-x2-fiji-owners-club/1720#post_24106947

Soldato
People have just been whipped up into a frenzy and think because they can hear the faintest whisper with their ear up to the card they have a duff unit.

It's a phenomenon we've seen before, should probably give it a name by now. :D

lol a lot of the coilwhine debate on the 970 was a bunch of end users who weren't used to their cards being able to render at over 100 fps before. Like a deaf person hearing for the first time, but with an equally as enthused reaction but the other end of the spectrum.

That pump on the other hand...Hopefully that is an extreme case

Back
Top Bottom