• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
No pump whine then ?

Nope, can't hear any whine at all. Well, part from the fan "whine" from the fans, if one would call it that, i.e. the case fans.

nice.
fury x physics score is lower than 290x. I suppose that's immature drivers doing
Physics is the CPU part of the test having lower results here is either 1. Cpu clock speeds was different in each test or 2. Furyx is more demanding on the cpu, resulting in the cpu not having enough head room to work on physics resulting in lower performance on that part.

I not touched the CPU clock speeds, or anything else for that matter. As I said, everything at stock and nothing changed anywhere. Part from the Grafic Card and corresponding drivers of course. =)

chroniclard - My monitors is a normal one so can't help you there, sorry. :(

Soldato
What is the Consumer Satisfaction junk with 25% off the refund? How is that satisfaction? The idea of the DSR was to protect the consumer from this kind of crap. I can sense a few years of this, and then people reverting back to brick and mortar.

BTW.. am I reading right.. some people are overclocking to 600mhz on the HBM?!?!?

Associate
Hello, lurked here for some time and decided to finally make an account!

I received my Powercolor Fury X today, woo! excuse the messy temporary setup.
Kye1Yb8.jpg

Got home from work and slapped it in, immediately I'm hit by the unbearable pump whine. Absolutely gutted:( I'm not sure if I've got a particularly bad example but lord it's giving me a headache. I noticed that in MSI Afterburner in the settings menu, after I enabled "extend official overclocking limits" and rebooted I was able to OC the memory. Benching the results of this at the moment

Caporegime
Last edited:
Caporegime
Any owners with a Freesync monitor? Opinions? Which one :).......although with only 5 owners I guess that's a long shot.......

There are plenty, though getting a complete picture is a bit difficult.

BenQ screens are shipping with the initial firmware but can be sent back to have the firmware updated, this changes it from a pretty damn good screen to maybe the best around at the moment for gaming. I think it enables overdrive to work under freesync giving everyone that option, though a lot of people will run in high refresh/low blur mode which as with Nvidia screens is incompatible with *sync modes(low blur modes basically require very high and the same refresh rate so lower refresh + variable is fundamentally incompatible with it).

Asus is great for an IPS but still a little behind in performance due to being IPS. Has overdrive available with freesync as standard, but has seemingly some QC issues with backlight bleeding(maybe other things as well, not sure).

Acer is available so much cheaper than the BenQ(regularly below £400) that I'm hoping Acer also update their firmware.

I'm waiting to see if Acer match BenQ in fixing overdrive while freesync is on, if they do I'd probably go that route, if not the BenQ seems the way to go.

Soldato
I've got a Fury X arriving tomorrow, but this pump issue is putting me off, were these not tested?.

american built with that quality along the way....
while the review had such issues it seems a small production might have similiar problems but should be fixed in later batches.

Associate
Hello, lurked here for some time and decided to finally make an account!

I received my Powercolor Fury X today, woo! excuse the messy temporary setup.
Kye1Yb8.jpg

Got home from work and slapped it in, immediately I'm hit by the unbearable pump whine. Absolutely gutted:( I'm not sure if I've got a particularly bad example but lord it's giving me a headache. I noticed that in MSI Afterburner in the settings menu, after I enabled "extend official overclocking limits" and rebooted I was able to OC the memory. Benching the results of this at the moment

Same here, Powercolor card received today and gutted as well :(

Associate
That sucks Chewie:( hoping I can get a refund/replacement without too much hassle

Some quick benches so far just 1080p Firestrike

Stock Memory:
mVQU5AL.png

+10 Memory:
cKL2J4i.png

+50 Memory:
vhxRF3z.jpg

Only just getting back into the oc/bench hobby again - are there any other benchmarks that would tax the memory more to show gains?

Associate
As i said above i have a antec 920 and also i have had a h80i before. the noise from this pump is nothing at all like that. It is a fault of some kind as no pump i have ever heard has sounded like this. And clearly not all have it.

Soldato
People complaining of pump whine are you sure its not air trapped as they have been lying dormant in boxes

Did you twist the radiators from side to side and vertically etc to allow the air to move before fitting??

Associate
Yes I tried that and it made no difference.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the pump itself, it sounds very much like an electric/motor high pitch kind of noise.

Back
Top Bottom