• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Ive heard they pretty good but MSI (for me at least) have been kicking out this fantastic cooling system for ages and have more brand recognition. I know when I buy a gaming edition card it will be very quiet and very fast. The AMP card is a bit of an unknown quantity

Yeah but from everyone who has owned the Amp Extreme it is essentially silent at 40% fan speed at under 70c and boosts to over 1400mhz straight out of the box. That definitely has to put it at the top with if not above the MSI. I haven't heard of a single problem from anyone who owns one of these. No matter whether it's not as popular a brand as MSI it doesn't make the card any worse.

Permabanned
Yeah but from everyone who has owned the Amp Extreme it is essentially silent at 40% fan speed at under 70c and boosts to over 1400mhz straight out of the box. That definitely has to put it at the top with if not above the MSI. I haven't heard of a single problem from anyone who owns one of these. No matter whether it's not as popular a brand as MSI it doesn't make the card any worse.

Cant really comment on the AMP having never owned one but even at 80% fan speed the MSI is barely audible. It may just be me but I feel more comfortable buying MSI :)

Associate
Cant really comment on the AMP having never owned one but even at 80% fan speed the MSI is barely audible. It may just be me but I feel more comfortable buying MSI :)

I think that the 980 Ti is where Zotac has managed to really perfect their Amp Extreme line, the 980 amp extremes were pretty abysmal from what I heard. To be fair I was set on the MSI as well, but wanted a card that could sit below 50c for benchmarking. I'm happy that I can have the card silent for gaming and still cool, and then have that extra rpm to go loud for benching and insanely cool :)

Associate
finally managed to have a bit of a blast with the G1. After switching from 780ti SLI there is a huge difference in Shadow of Mordor at 1440p. Its wonderfully smooth. very happy with the swap :cool:

Is it really that good? I have 780 SLI and really really tempted to go single card 980ti. Although most of the games I play perform great, its the occasional stuttering in Witch and GTA that are increasingly bugging me. Plus the odd tittle that doesn't support SLI eg Wolfenstien..

Caporegime
Is it really that good? I have 780 SLI and really really tempted to go single card 980ti. Although most of the games I play perform great, its the occasional stuttering in Witch and GTA that are increasingly bugging me. Plus the odd tittle that doesn't support SLI eg Wolfenstien..
I moved from sli 780 to a single ti, whilst i dont play those games mentioned. Its a nice improvement. Less power used, less heat and noise and more vram.

Associate
Yeah I think I am convinced. I don't have my cards overclocked, even the temp limit is on default, anything else the noise becomes seriously annoying, not so much me wearing headphone, but the wife watching the TV complains, so not good! They scream after 10 mins of Farcry 4.

Soldato
I've been testing my G1 Gaming for coil whine, and I noticed that the card is running 1354 on the core at 1.187v. Shouldn't the volts be 1.21?

Also, as soon as it hits 70C it throttles... How would I raise that threshold? It seems to ignore the slider in Afterburner.

Edit: The card is at stock settings.

Soldato
Why should it be 1.21?

My msi card does 1535 on 1.187

The way to stop the card going below 1354 would be to overclock it, +100 on the core is a very conservative OC, you can also increase the fan speed to stop it hitting the temp that makes it clock down

Soldato
The card sticking to using a lower voltage is actually an indication you have a "good" chip as it means you have headroom to push higher

1.187 seems to be the standard voltage for a 980ti

Permabanned
20150714_132416611_i_OS.jpg

Got mine, lovely upgrade from the 980 :)

Back
Top Bottom