• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Inno3D RMA timespan - anyone have any experience with this?

Soldato
As in you RMA a card to OCUK because its genuinely broken after 28 days not because it has coil whine or does not meet your ocing expectations. Then OCUK send to Inno3d in Hong Kong I believe.

Reason I ask is my GTX 980 Ti X3 Ultra has been away a week now so I still have 21 days to wait & I just do not see Inno3D repairing it within 3 weeks (backplate stinks of smoke where it burnt out) so I think it will hit the 28 day limit.

Only 53 days old terrible Inno3D component QA mine burnt out without warning never overclocked either & it even has a 120mm case fan blowing directly onto it :rolleyes: Was fine in the much hotter ambient temps of July/Aug but failed last week when ambient was much cooler :(

If it had been overclocked or used in a poorly ventilated case I can understand but as it had been used at stock & well cooled (the default HSF is massive & keeps temps low) I think I have made an error in buying this brand as Inno3D post sales support is severely lacking for such an expensive highend component :(

Inno3D have now told OCUK to credit my card so that means I get a new one. This means it was a 14 day turnaround for the RMA.

At least Inno3D agreed the card was toast hopefully a rogue one & the replacement is flawless (like the original was until it went bang!).

Last edited:
Soldato
Stick to KFA2, Zotac, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI and PNY.

The other manufacturers are just a bunch of cowboys, they either don't have a European RMA facility, or are just simply useless when it comes to customer service and turnaround times, Asus springs to mind...

Soldato
OP
Stick to KFA2, Zotac, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI and PNY.

The other manufacturers are just a bunch of cowboys, they either don't have a European RMA facility, or are just simply useless when it comes to customer service and turnaround times, Asus springs to mind...
Thanks for the info I will get another brand when I know whats happening with mine if it gets repaired I am going to be stuck with it as no-one will want to buy no matter how cheap :(

Associate
It is a Nvidia Reference board a lot of the other manufacturers use the same board you were just unlucky to get a bad one. RMA turn around times are a bit hit and miss with all of them after 28 days.

Soldato
OP
It is a Nvidia Reference board a lot of the other manufacturers use the same board you were just unlucky to get a bad one. RMA turn around times are a bit hit and miss with all of them after 28 days.
You sure its a reference board the default overclock is hefty & it has a custom HSF to cool it down more.

Back
Top Bottom