• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
It did ask you but probably you clicked X without reading their announcement window. It told you that Play TV is active, if you want to disable it, you can do that in options. I saw that page yesterday. disabled play.tv straight away.

Its just come out of nowhere this past morning, i thought raptr did the recording, now this too.

Soldato
will the new drivers fix the R9 290 clock speed bug?

will only know once its released and if its been moved from known bugs to fixed on the release notes.

I hope it is but been waiting since black Friday for this to be fixed (that's when I got my 390)

Soldato
im now on the latest crimson drivers and everything is fine apart from cs go which can stutter a bit here and there, ive tried with freesync on and off and still the same, it was fine before crimson, anybody else or is it just me

Soldato
im now on the latest crimson drivers and everything is fine apart from cs go which can stutter a bit here and there, ive tried with freesync on and off and still the same, it was fine before crimson, anybody else or is it just me

check your core clocks are not dropping, my 390 drops to 500mhz during heavy fire fights in csgo and then my FPS suffers and drops to like 100fps.

i use Afterburner to lock my core clock at default clock speeds which fixed the issue till AMD sort it out

Last edited:
Soldato
check your core clocks are not dropping, my 390 drops to 500mhz during heavy fire fights in csgo and then my FPS suffers and drops to like 100fps.

i use Afterburner to lock my core clock at default clock speeds which fixed the issue till AMD sort it out

yep your right, i used ab and clocks were dropping to 500mhz

Soldato
Currently got 16.2.1s overwritten ("upgrade") by the beta 5 Vulkan drivers.

In the last few days, I've had at least a couple of instances of the black screen that will not wake, including a few minutes ago where I had been web surfing for an hour or so without giving the pc any time to sleep.

Soldato
I feel like a right plank asking but what's the current protocol for updating AMD drivers in Windows 7? Do I just install the new ones over the top? Is there somewhere I can auto update in the Settings app? Do I uninstall everything AMD related in Programs and install? Or should I use something like Driver Cleaner on top?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom