** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
I saw a page on the net the other day from 2011 (I think) where there was a litany of complaints against Overclockers, it was clear to me that a big change has taken place since then because in my experience of Overclockers since I started buying from here a year ago they have displayed the best ever customer service I have ever experienced.

Associate
I want @JimBeam251 's question answered as well, Will the cards be delayed only for a week? or till the 17th?

@andromed And yes I am xD VERY Lucky but I was camping the website

EDIT: That moment when you dont pay attention and its 2:30 AM....

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
So to stop beating around the bush... no one will get a card till the 17th of June minimum?

Yes visited some other partners this morning, all confirming same delays June 17th is absolute earliest now and stock won't get better until July / August.

We are pushing like crazy to board partners who are pushing nvidia very hard. It's a global delay!

Associate
As someone who's been lurking these forums professionally for the last 14+ years, I just want to thank the OcUK staff for always taking the time to keep us updated on status and doing their best to get shiniest toys onto our desks as soon as possible.

I would say stop working outside of office hours and browsing the forums from bars but I'm going to selfishly keep my mouth shut ;)

Last edited:
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Asus GeForce GTX 1080 DirectCU III Strix Gaming Aura RGB 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £659.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Asus...DR5X-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-401-AS.html

STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING, Core Clock: 1784MHz, Boost Clock: 1936MHz, Memory: 8192MB 10000MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 2560, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty.

Only £659.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Sorry All, Asus made a oopsie with the pricing of the Strix 1080 so the sell price has had to increase. :(

Those of you who have already preordered will have the original price honoured.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
You can blame the thousands of people in the UK alone who ordered a GTX 1080 immediately upon release.

This far exceeds the typical supply of any card, let alone a brand new, flagship launch card. There was no way that anybody would have been able to match this demand. Delaying the launch until June 10th would have just delayed the inevitable.

Associate
That's why they have the founders card. its almost too predictable

Unfortunately, considering the number of people on here who are now thinking of cancelling their pre-orders or just not bothering, that strategy may have backfired.

Nothing could persuade me to buy a FE card and this product launch has been a complete shambles so far.

Associate
There are very few members of staff here currently who were present back in the day when our customer service policy could be brought into question. I happen to have left the company, only returning once I'd met with the current management and seen the changes for myself.

We are sorely aware how difficult it is to change reputations amongst those who were offended by policies which no longer exist, but we happen to find it offensive when somebody tars us with the same brush for no good reason. I hope that you understand. We dedicate a lot of time and effort to keep our customers in the know.

OCUK has changed and their CS has got better? If so I might start buying my parts from you again. A bad experience with a big purchase I made in 2010 put me off buying anything substantial from you.

Associate
Unfortunately, considering the number of people on here who are now thinking of cancelling their pre-orders or just not bothering, that strategy may have backfired.

Nothing could persuade me to buy a FE card and this product launch has been a complete shambles so far.

The price of the card both founders and hybrid could only be justified by receiving it earlier than a 1070 and not waiting a month. AMD Rolling out much cheaper mid range cards will force the Nvidia cards to loose value rapidly. This is a mess and customer is getting the worst deal all together.

Associate
The price of the card both founders and hybrid could only be justified by receiving it earlier than a 1070 and not waiting a month. AMD Rolling out much cheaper mid range cards will force the Nvidia cards to loose value rapidly. This is a mess and customer is getting the worst deal all together.

I think that those new AMD cards may be aiming at different markets though. The card that AMD showed off this week seemed to be focused more on increased value and efficiency than performing the leaps in performance that Nvidia claimed to do with the 1080 and 1070 (although in reality it seems that the 1080 isn't really that much of a jump from the Titan-X and the 1070 has worryingly often benchmarked lower than the Titan-X and 980Ti).

I do agree with you 100% that it is the consumer who have suffered the most out of all of this though. In the US and Canada FE 1080's can't be found for love nor money without lining the pockets of a scalper and in the EU and Australia the pricing is extortionate. Nvidia trying to hold off aftermarket cards for as long as possible by dragging their heels isn't going to help anyone.

Associate
Am i right on thinking only the custom 1080s are delayed till 17th but the custom 1080s with the reference board, eg, KFA2
GeForce GTX 1080 EX OC and the EVGA and GeForce GTX 1080 SC Gaming will be available on the 10th?

Soldato

I never understood why people are in such hurry. We clearly know that the price will only drop and is very unlikely to actually increase. Also, any last or previous gen card, most likely most cards from 2-3 years ago can still handle just anything you can throw at them gaming wise (unless you run 6x 4k screen eyefinity setup in which case you'd have ordered impatient edition 4x 1080s for w/e the price and you don't care either way).

Associate
I'm sorry for being so ignorant/stupid its just for verification, so the first batch will NOT arrive this Friday but will arrive on the 17th?
The ETA on the STRIX must be wrong then?

People who have already preordered the STRIX will have it priced on £620?

Thank you

Soldato

Well AMD need to hold up on their end first, still 27 odd days for that to all go wrong. But yes, having originally looked at 1080 I'm wondering if a couple of 480's would suffice instead, so shall wait until the end of the month once stock of/prices of both cards is a bit more concrete!

Until then, my 290x will continue to provide heating during this british "summer".

Associate
I never understood why people are in such hurry. We clearly know that the price will only drop and is very unlikely to actually increase. Also, any last or previous gen card, most likely most cards from 2-3 years ago can still handle just anything you can throw at them gaming wise (unless you run 6x 4k screen eyefinity setup in which case you'd have ordered impatient edition 4x 1080s for w/e the price and you don't care either way).

I'm running a 970 now and its already struggling with the likes of The Division at 2k. I wouldn't bother buying a new card if it was still ploughing through everything without any trouble.

Back
Top Bottom