• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Soldato
I preordered the Strix as soon as i possibly could and apparently im 149th in the Q. It was also £619 at the time and now its £659. I dont mind waiting for that little saving, i just hope its worth replacing my SLIed 980s.......

Nice one to all of you that have broken and bought the FE. I personally will wait.....

Associate
My weak and soft self couldn't resist the EVGA FE's and ordered, I was trying to hold out for a custom one but well..... **** going to slap a block on it and see how it compares to the custom models and decide from there.

Soldato
So with all the user benchmarks above you've gone quite that the 1080 OC is 20/30% fast than TX OC?? :p

My Ti's stuggle at anything over 1440/1450. TX is already +5% faster than a Ti never mind one with a 1480mhz boost clock.

Could really do with those extra frames. SLI they will only increase gains and they should be ace.

I can get my Ti's on then and hopefully get a little bit more than once the 1070's are released.

Dont worry i look at myself in the mirror and often tell myself i'm an idiot aswell. lol

Just thought cba to wait another 2 weeks. FK it canceled the SC and bought them now. Will be here monday.

My bank balance at the minute. :p

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
My weak and soft self couldn't resist the EVGA FE's and ordered, I was trying to hold out for a custom one but well..... **** going to slap a block on it and see how it compares to the custom models and decide from there.

I completely respect that. I myself hovered over that buy button for a FE on and off for a couple of days before i decided to choose the Strix. I normally go for ref cards as well but this time i fancied a change.

Has anyone who has got a 1080 here have 980s slied before hand and if so is there much difference in benchmarks? It seems incredibly hard to find comparisons online...

Associate
Has anyone who has got a 1080 here have 980s slied before hand and if so is there much difference in benchmarks? It seems incredibly hard to find comparisons online...

From what I've seen they are roughly the same performance (1080 vs 980 SLi) a lot of reviews do compare them!

I Myself went from 980 SLi to 1080 SLi as I wanted to see more gains than just buying one...so the only upgrade for me was a pair of them! :o

Soldato
From what I've seen they are roughly the same performance (1080 vs 980 SLi) a lot of reviews do compare them!

I Myself went from 980 SLi to 1080 SLi as I wanted to see more gains than just buying one...so the only upgrade for me was a pair of them! :o

980 SLI to 980Ti SLI was a decent jump for me. 980 SLI to 1080 SLI is going to be pretty massive indeed.

Enjoy them bud, Got mine coming monday :).

Soldato
I considered getting 2 but i just could not justify the price just yet. Im happy with current performance , I just want something that is cooler and doesnt sound like a jumbo jet taking off every time I play Witcher 3 :)

Soldato
Where you buy it from lol?

Seen them. Hmmmmm to buy or not to buy.... **** it :p

Got mine from here. OCUK have shipped already :D

Thank you OCUK, plz arrive tomorrow :)

Haha, exactly same boat mate, I couldn't wait either :p I will most likely give my GTX 1080 to my boys and go for the Hybrid EVGA when it arrives. Only thing is the FE might generate to much heat in their Mini ITX case..

Last edited:
Associate
Mine arrived :)

Suprised, they do sound quieter then my refrence Titan X's at like for like fan profile, not absolute silent but a good deal quieter, I imagine after market will be even nicer. One of the two OC's very nicely, hitting just under 2200 Mhz before crashing on stock volts while the second is managing just abit above 2100. In SLI for gaming both running happy at 2050 Mhz no issue and 11050 on the Memory with minimum of tweaks.

Will post some tests in abit of the 1080 at stock and OC vs what my Titan X did at stock and OC. :)

Tempted to buy a third card to fill that gap :D

How does SLI scale without the official HB SLI bridge? Are you using 3-way bridge there?

Associate
Is the EVGA FE good for someone who will probably never overclock a custom card? I know the reference cards seem slightly frowned upon but I'm just a person who mostly enjoys PC gaming but i'm not technical in the least bit.

Soldato
The custom cards will still be much quieter even on stock clocks. It seems silly to pay 620 for a worse card and heatsink. If you want it sooner and cheaper than the FTW then go for the SC ACX, or any of the ~550 twin fan cards that come in to stock

Man of Honour
OP

It's about to go down!

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

EfCkkXi.jpg

Date 03/06/2016, Make MSI FE, DAIR, Link
Date 03/06/2016, Make Palit FE, Spikey, Link
Date 02/06/2016, Make EVGA FE, Radox-0, Link
Date 31/05/2016, Make EVGA FE, toon_mad, Link
Date 31/05/2016, Make Zotac FE, ToastedChip, Link
Date 29/05/2016, Make Gigabyte FE, kitkat9933, Link
Date 28/05/2016, Make EVGA FE, X-Mikuru_Beam-X, Link
Date 28/05/2016, Make Gigabyte FE, dvs8, Link
Date 28/05/2016, Make EVGA FE, passey89, Link
Date 28/05/2016, Make MSI FE, Biomorphs, Link
Date 28/05/2016, Make EVGA FE, RichardH754, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your GTX 1080.​

Back
Top Bottom