• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Caporegime
What sorcery voodoo back magic is this ?? :eek:

I thought you where not going down the 1080 route after all the talk you did about it...

Did i miss summit :D

Glad to hear your happy with it ...Yes the TI is going to be a true beast that is for sure but @ BEASTLY PRICE will see

I needed a card now. This will be a stop gap until stock floods the market.:)

Thats amazing overclock makes wonder what sort of clocks we will get with aftermarket coolers like evga ftw and classified.

I don't think it temps or power...I think its the chips limit. I'm not so sure we will see much higher clocks on the AIB cards tbh...I think

Hmm, I hope many of those who went on and on about the earlier throttling issues from a few earlier cards with initial drivers and making a big deal of it are reading .........
It might be just a case that the production cards are just slightly different in one way or another, or proper drivers now ready.
:D
....I thought I read you weren't going to get a FE anywya ? - haaaaa :D

I wasn't but needed a card now. The FE is not worth 600+ by any stretch. Don't get me wrong its a great card but just to expensive.I'll see what the 1070 pricing is like in a few more days time.

No need to hope, it's pretty much a given considering NVIDIA have released one for the last two generations. It'll have a much larger gap on a Titan X, but I don't know about changing gaming forever. Will definitely do until the 1180 comes out and loadsa ppl ditch their 1080Ti's. The cycle to have the flagship GPU will continue.

I don't know tbh...The 1080 is gimped pascal..With more cores and higher bit bus I can see the 1080ti creaming for 4k res and easily breaking the 60 fps sweet spot.

Soldato
Is it fairly taken for granted that the AIB cards with extra power are a waste of time except for better cooling?

Hard to say at the minute but it does look that way. I remember jayztwocents tweet saying he could only manage 2035 on the MSI gaming. Proving his point extra connectors don't help.

In the end I think it will come down to chip quality more than anything else.

Caporegime
Is it fairly taken for granted that the AIB cards with extra power are a waste of time except for better cooling?

I've been really surprised by the FE card. Good cooling and not too noisy!! Kicks the heat out of the case for a bonus! :cool:

Just boosted mine to a nice round 2Ghz and can forget about :) More than happy with its 4K performance tbh, although Gsync helps with the heavy lifting too :cool:

Soldato
I've been really surprised by the FE card. Good cooling and not too noisy!! Kicks the heat out of the case for a bonus! :cool:

Just boosted mine to a nice round 2Ghz and can forget about :) More than happy with its 4K performance tbh, although Gsync helps with the heavy lifting too :cool:

This! I am used to reference but this is quieter I find even according to the sound meter on my phone (yerrr not that scientific), as I have mentioned in a few places its not quiet as loud as one may imagine. Admittedly not amazingly quiet still, but set a nice fan profile up and your golden. I have settled for 55% RPM fr gaming which takes it to about 1900 Mhz in SLI. Not too bad as the Max Stable SLI is about 2050 (2200 /2100 seperately) so lost about 5-6 frames in witcher 3 which when yours still hitting 80-100 at 3440 x 1440 on a Gsync Ultrawide great card.

I am sure guys waiting for aftermarket will be as delighted. My two cents while the performance gains over TX are not massive, as a pair enough to give me a nice bump and keep over 75 fps at all times in witcher 3 maxed normally in 80-90 fps range, I am a happy bunny :)

Now I want the Pascal Titan to get a smooth 100 :p

Soldato
These role of honor threads are totally pointless really. I mean really no need at all.

Its not a role of honor thread its an Owners thread. Every single forum I've seen whether its about slot cars, pc components, audiophile stuff all have owners threads. Are they all pointless too ? Must be 100's if not 1000's of them.

Its where you can discuss the card in the title without generally being ripped to pieces by nonsense posts or my gpu is better than your gpu.

Soldato
Every time there's a new nvidia release 8 pack pops in to the reviews or owners thread to have a pop at people buying stuff from the shop he works at... i still dont get it.

Back
Top Bottom