• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1070 Owners Thread

Soldato
I sold my 980ti for 375 meaning I can get a 1070 for nothing. Having said that was it worth it? Not really but I did it and now have to live with it.:p

What is clear is that 980ti are dropping. There is one in MM does a solid 1500mhz on the core Gigabyte and its not sold. 980ti will have to go sub 300 soon or no one will buy them.

I think when we can get 1070's for 349 its a decent card for the money.

Unless you got your 980TI for free then i t would not be nothing :p

Soldato
I am still unsure if to get 1070 or 1080, as I am planning to upgrade the monitor to 1440p gsync dell...Id love to get them dank 120+ FPS in games :rolleyes:

Associate
One site has MSI Gaming X's in stock, I held off as I want a EVGA ACX 3.0.

Sold my 980Ti for £370, I don't mind paying £30-40 for newer tech and longer warranty.

I do not fancy waiting months and months for Vega so I am going for this.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, it arrived! But I can't install it until this evening, working from and I actually have work to do.

Why do graphics cards company make these sort of stickers? ugh

It's very weighty! Almost entirely metal apart from that window into the heatsink you can see but yeah I'll definitely be making sure those screws are secure because it'd just rip the PCI-E connector off given enough gravity and time.

jIV5eA4.jpg
NBkfqER.jpg

Soldato
One site has MSI Gaming X's in stock, I held off as I want a EVGA ACX 3.0.

Sold my 980Ti for £370, I don't mind paying £30-40 for newer tech and longer warranty.

I do not fancy waiting months and months for Vega so I am going for this.

I wished you able to tell me where the site has MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X in stock as I cant find it in every sites as none of it in stock. :(

Man of Honour
OP
Well, it arrived! But I can't install it until this evening, working from and I actually have work to do.

Why do graphics cards company make these sort of stickers? ugh

It's very weighty! Almost entirely metal apart from that window into the heatsink you can see but yeah I'll definitely be making sure those screws are secure because it'd just rip the PCI-E connector off given enough gravity and time.

jIV5eA4.jpg
NBkfqER.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Ft2xaoP.jpg

Date 14/06/2016, Make EVGA Founders Edition, mankycrack, Link
Date 13/06/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, !bluetonic!, Link
Date 12/06/2016, Make MSI Founders Edition, yoyo59, Link
Date 11/06/2016, Make MSI Founders Edition, JamesM, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your GTX 1070.​

Soldato
Joining this club, 1070 founders edition ordered. £399 isn't too bad for the level of performance we're getting.

Had my 390X for around a year, though after seeing what my 980M laptop can do compared to it, it was time to go team green.

This will be my first desktop NVIDIA GPU for over 10 years, feels dirty! :D

Associate
EVGA GTX 1070 FE just arrived :) Will report back tonight with OC results compared to my dead 980Ti ~1500mhz. Hoping the silicon lottery treated me well and I can hit 2100+ like yoyo59!

Associate
I'm looking forward to joining the club soon too. Being relatively early in the Gaming X order, I hope it can be dispatched for tomorrow. A next day delivery most likely means Monday 20th though, right? :(

Associate
I'm looking forward to joining the club soon too. Being relatively early in the Gaming X order, I hope it can be dispatched for tomorrow. A next day delivery most likely means Monday 20th though, right? :(

I'm afraid so, next day means the working week Mon-Fri only, you have to pay extra for Saturday :(

Back
Top Bottom