20160622_213728.jpg

20160621_105243.jpg

20160621_105311.jpg

20160621_105357.jpg

20160622_213721.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you up and running now?

Yes - and using bios 0601. Bios seems ok so far, but not had a chance to really test it yet. I am going to give it a few days to burn in and settle before I try any clocking etc. Lighting is nice, and my lighting strip plugged straight in to the mobo and works fine. My strip lights follow what the boards lights do - nice.

Need to finish a few things off - and I will then post back with more info/findings, but so far so good. More pics to come......

Mark

Vore

V

Vore

Quick question for the owners - does a EK Rampage V monoblock fit this board, and if so, can you retain the shield on the IO panel if you remove the heat pipe that links the IO panel to the mosfet cooler? (as the monoblock will require the armour to be removed).

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Well I've almost fixed my problem. It was nothing to do with the SATA ports in the end (which I didn't really believe). After looking again at what's happening in daylight I noticed that my case (Thermaltake Core X9), the back bit where you screw the cards in place, well it wouldn't let the graphics card go down enough into the slot and therefore putting the card at a slight angle making it seem like it was the SATA ports. After much Googling I didn't find anyone else mention this problem with the case, and I checked my previous motherboard again and seems I was just lucky it made enough contact to work fine and read as PCI-E 3.0 x16. After a slight modification to the motherboard tray in order to raise the motherboard slightly higher (using washers), I've managed to get the cards to read correctly and work now.

Soldato
Well I've almost fixed my problem. It was nothing to do with the SATA ports in the end (which I didn't really believe). After looking again at what's happening in daylight I noticed that my case (Thermaltake Core X9), the back bit where you screw the cards in place, well it wouldn't let the graphics card go down enough into the slot and therefore putting the card at a slight angle making it seem like it was the SATA ports. After much Googling I didn't find anyone else mention this problem with the case, and I checked my previous motherboard again and seems I was just lucky it made enough contact to work fine and read as PCI-E 3.0 x16. After a slight modification to the motherboard tray in order to raise the motherboard slightly higher (using washers), I've managed to get the cards to read correctly and work now.

Good news mate - what a strange one. Life in the IT world is full of surprises. Lol :p

Soldato
Is it worth changing the bios to 0601 ?

Thanks.

Have already updated mine to 0601 - have not noticed any problems with it so far, but not had a chance to try pushing things at all just yet. Other than that I am unable to be more helpful/precise.

Mark

Soldato
Those upgrading from the Rampage V, have you gone for a new build of Windows?

Must admit I cheated and just booted off of the old windows 10 install, and it just made the necessary changes to drivers etc. I then updated some of the drivers manually. I have noticed though it is taking much longer to boot up - so may do a refresh install.

Off topic - but one disappointing thing is that I have not found a way to independently adjust my lighting strip in the case and the mobo lighting - which is a shame. I would have preferred to have my lighting strip just set to white, and then set the board to whatever I like.
Maybe asus will update this at some point or maybe I have missed a trick somewhere. Otherwise a stonking board, and so it should be for the enormous cost.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is actually on a Deluxe II, but as usual this place is dead when it comes to hardware talk so will post here. 3400mhz 4x8GB with ease using the right sticks. Google Stress App stable. BWE IMC is definitely stronger overall, will be working down closer to the minimal spacing allowed through seconds if the sticks let me.

ZBYLZ8l.png

Associate
This is actually on a Deluxe II, but as usual this place is dead when it comes to hardware talk so will post here. 3400mhz 4x8GB with ease using the right sticks. Google Stress App stable. BWE IMC is definitely stronger overall, will be working down closer to the minimal spacing allowed through seconds if the sticks let me.

ZBYLZ8l.png

Is that a binned CPU?

Vore

V

Vore

What RAM are you using?

Soldato
What RAM are you using?

The TridentZ kits have the best guardband as G.SKILL buy up all the IC and bin them for certain other vendors too. It's quite hard to come by in the UK, especially the stuff with QVL listings for BWE.

This one i've bagged is actually binned for z170, so mileage may vary if you are unfamiliar with the OC socket settings. I'd recommend waiting for the new kits to drop, if you can find them.

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14q-32gtz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom