• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1070 Owners Thread

Associate
Been following pascal news and this thread,since my oldy goody 970 Strix soon wont be able to do what i want :(
Found Zotac AMP for 375 elswhere,as im not going to pay 420+ for 1070
Zotac pros/cons?

Caporegime
Been following pascal news and this thread,since my oldy goody 970 Strix soon wont be able to do what i want :(
Found Zotac AMP for 375 elswhere,as im not going to pay 420+ for 1070
Zotac pros/cons?

Zotac have a great 5 year warranty, which certainly helps when you resell. No real cons except if it needs repairing/replacing, it might not be the quickest for that.

Associate
Zotac have a great 5 year warranty, which certainly helps when you resell. No real cons except if it needs repairing/replacing, it might not be the quickest for that.

Cheers Greg (long time no see in Division bud :( )
My plan is:get 1070 for now,wait till full pascal will be released (or vega-whichever will be better,sell 1070,get 1080Ti or whatever,get 4K monitor,use my current 1440p as secondary.
In case of faulty card,i have spare mighty 8800GTX :D

Caporegime
Might well be joining this little owners club with a 1070 AMP Extreme in the next week or two :D

Thought I would hold out till Vega/GP102 but want a new toy and the price I saw today for arguably what might be the fastest 1070 out of the box swayed me.

Last edited:
Associate
Might well be joining this little owners club with a 1070 AMP Extreme in the next week or two :D

Thought I would hold out till Vega/GP102 but want a new toy and the price I saw today for arguably what might be the fastest 1070 out of the box swayed me.

If not secret,how much?
Was looking for cheapest Zotac AMP all around EU,the cheapest i came is at 375

Soldato

Think you might be getting it from the same place as me.

I preordered as soon as I saw the price, got an email saying between the 12th and 17th July. Checked the product code and it is the amp extreme spectre version. Happy days :)

£385 I got it for, price is now £435 on here and will probably rise.

Associate
ItgIJei.jpg

Well my second 1070 has arrived, the FE is going back tomorrow!

Not had a chance to try the MSI yet as the wife has friends over playing on the Vive, not that I'm complaining ;)

Caporegime

Just boshed in an order for one of these two. Nice price and don't mind the lead time.

Associate
I caved getting mine tomorrow :) Was sick of waiting around to see if prices drop.

Gone for the Msi Armour one be interesting to see how it performs with a i5 2500k. Would have gone for the gaming x one but would have looked naff in my case. Should be a big upgrade over a 2gb 770 least I am hoping so !

I would be interested to find out, as I am considering just a GPU upgrade for now with my 2500k, currently running a HD7970 :)

Associate
I'm running the 1070 armor with a overclocked in 2500k 4.5ghz and all is fine on that end so nothing to worry about

the card does 2050 on the core without any increase on the vcore/power
Card is silent never seen the card go over 60c which means the fans stay off if I manually set the fans to 20% it's still silent and the card will set at 30 to 35c

On less intensive games like overwatch it just sits around 45c all day long

Last edited:
Associate
I'm running the 1070 armor with a overclocked in 2500k 4.5ghz and all is fine on that end so nothing to worry about

the card does 2050 on the core without any increase on the vcore/power
Card is silent never seen the card go over 60c which means the fans stay off if I manually set the fans to 20% it's still silent and the card will set at 30 to 35c

On less intensive games like overwatch it just sits around 45c all day long
Thanks, sounds pretty solid, I might pick one up.

Back
Top Bottom