[Project Log] "Blue Morpho"

Associate
OP
Sleeving and Installing Blocks

So the past week i've been busy doing all the sleeving, and I'm still not done... I started with the cable lacing, (takes forever!), and i'm not sure i want to use the

blue cotton thread because it looks fluffy. So probably going to get some waxed blue thread instead and redo it.
Anyways i will attach a few images below so you can see what i mean.

I also installed all the waterblocks and fittings today, and see if i can find the best looking way to do the tubing, this weekend.
Another thing i have been doing is drilling 14 holes on the backside of the reservoir and tapped them, then mounted some standoffs that will keep the clear plexi plate in

place, which is going to keep all the cables neatly in place.. At least thats the idea, dont know how it'g going to look yet.

Almost forgot! Been trying a few options out for the placement of the powerbutton, and ended up bending some acrylic under the rad, and installed the button in that.
Not done with it yet though!.. need some fine adjustments and maybe some blue vinyl.. Originally i was going to put an LCD temp in the acrylic piece also, but we'll see :)

IMG_7289%20copy_zpsnylnrdpv.jpg

IMG_7570%20copy_zpsftlca7y1.jpg

IMG_7577%20copy_zpslsrbjpof.jpg

IMG_7583%20copy_zpssfnxav0v.jpg

IMG_7618%20copy_zpshxi9rczk.jpg

IMG_7606%20copy_zpsy3ez6h19.jpg

IMG_7604%20copy_zpsi3tijxsk.jpg

IMG_7620%20copy_zps2avapdxm.jpg

IMG_7627%20copy_zpsqbs1lapb.jpg

IMG_7633%20copy_zpsofr7caxr.jpg

Stay tuned guys, soon more sleeving and also the tubing is getting done soon!

Associate
OP
Allmost Done Sleeving!

Thank GOD, i am allmost done with all the sleeving.. The cable lacing took forever and was hard on my OCD haha.
I still have to arrange them a little more neat and close together, and also sand the edges of the acrylic window that holds them in place.
But leaving the cables alone for a while and have started doing all the tubing, Just to get my mind on something else than lacing!

Anyways, here's a few photos of the sleeving result so far, hope you enjoy it, and i'm sure it will look very nice once it's all done.

IMG_7966%20copy_zpspdxf53pg.jpg

IMG_7960%20copy_zps3ydpgxd6.jpg

IMG_7964%20copy_zps6rzgkwbm.jpg

IMG_7963%20copy_zps5fm88rjx.jpg

IMG_7950%20copy_zpsk76pnu6h.jpg

IMG_7948%20copy_zpsfqh0l4um.jpg

IMG_7977%20copy_zps1oz4w4lc.jpg

IMG_7981%20copy_zpskots0es0.jpg

IMG_7988%20copy_zps5fwbn1ca.jpg

IMG_7986%20copy_zpslhpgku1z.jpg

IMG_7984%20copy_zpsva3h7tdz.jpg

IMG_7993%20copy_zpsinypozsg.jpg

IMG_7990%20copy_zpszi779evv.jpg

IMG_7997%20copy_zpse4ysy93n.jpg

Majestic looking EK WATER BLOCKS below <3

IMG_7998%20copy_zpsbldbqf1n.jpg

Now to continue all the bends on the tubing. Needed a break! haha.

Soldato
That is a task that fills me with dread for my forthcoming power cabling...and mine will a lot simpler and far more hidden than yours. Really neat looking job. What isnt as easy to see is how much planning must have gone into planning the acrylic work to route all the cabling. How do you have any sanity left?!

Associate
OP
That is a task that fills me with dread for my forthcoming power cabling...and mine will a lot simpler and far more hidden than yours. Really neat looking job. What isnt as easy to see is how much planning must have gone into planning the acrylic work to route all the cabling. How do you have any sanity left?!

Haha thanks man ! Trust me all sanity is gone ! thats why i've moved on to doing some tubing haha :D ..

Soldato
And there was me thinking that any bending of acrylic wasn't good for the sanity! ;)

I'm putting that off until I'm forced to. Currently I have a working machine and use it daily for work. At some point I'm going to have to mount motherboard and GPU in the new case to be sure the top part of my acrylic will sit in the right place - what kind of idiot designs the shroud to fit over the top of the front panel headers? :D
At that point, I may as well start bending the GPU to CPU pipe and the CPU to up-and-over pipe. Oh woe, a whole two pipes to bend :eek: :D

Associate
I have been buiding pcs since I was a kid but never really looked at what others were doing till I joined this forum. So many nice builds here. This type of build with the water block i've never seen before. I'm so jealous, amazing, its a work of art.
Going to look stunning when its completed.

Associate
OP
And there was me thinking that any bending of acrylic wasn't good for the sanity! ;)

I'm putting that off until I'm forced to. Currently I have a working machine and use it daily for work. At some point I'm going to have to mount motherboard and GPU in the new case to be sure the top part of my acrylic will sit in the right place - what kind of idiot designs the shroud to fit over the top of the front panel headers? :D
At that point, I may as well start bending the GPU to CPU pipe and the CPU to up-and-over pipe. Oh woe, a whole two pipes to bend :eek: :D

Hahaha excellent :D :D .. well it's the best looking result for any tubin. unless you go chrome tubing ! .. have to do that some time ! :)

Associate
OP
I have been buiding pcs since I was a kid but never really looked at what others were doing till I joined this forum. So many nice builds here. This type of build with the water block i've never seen before. I'm so jealous, amazing, its a work of art.
Going to look stunning when its completed.

Thank you very much mate ! :) .. Yeah only limit is the creativity.. dremel and cnc can make anything sexy :)

Associate
OP
Tubing Done! Ready to Fill the loop!

SO after 14 days more of work offshore, and i am finally home again to work on this beauty!.. Just finished the Tubing, and am pretty happy about the result, or i WAS, untill i did the first leak test!
one of the small 90 degree bends from tray tunnel to rad was leaking, so tried 6 new bends but just couldnt get it to work in that small space, so ended up using 2 x 45 adapter and a spacer instead.
Also the top tube from cpu to reservoir was bleeding a little, so decided to make a new tube for that one as well.. And finally no leaks! But updates of that will follow soon!
First off, here's a few images of the bends.
I also took the time to get the 2 x 6pin sleeves inside and under the frame, instead of the horrible crap where i had them going out and over the frame! Was messing so bad with my OCD, so had to fix it, and finally im pleased!

While posting this update, the blue morpho is doing a 24 hour bleed test! Updates and final images VERY soon !! <3

IMG_8016%20copy_zpshqnbiwua.jpg

IMG_8019%20copy_zpsaikgxfrv.jpg

IMG_8022%20copy_zpsfrtpmaai.jpg

IMG_8041%20copy_zpsn2fqq6mw.jpg

IMG_8028%20copy_zpszhounhtj.jpg

IMG_8048%20copy_zpsgua0bwcb.jpg

IMG_8043%20copy_zpsrkouemw0.jpg

IMG_8046_zps8xwwscwp.jpg

IMG_8026%20copy_zps4axmjyqz.jpg

Hope you like it !! cant wait to show you the next update!

Associate
OP
Done Filling The Loop, Now Bleed Testing

FINALLY it was time to fill the loop with the beautiful Mayhems Pastel Blue, and it looks amazing! Really spot on color match with the sky blue acrylic parts!
Before i filled the loop, i obviously did a leak test and cleaning of the parts with distilled water, and found a few smaller leaks, that had to be fixed.
But once that was taken care off, the mayhems blue filled up the loop and res block of the Blue Morpho, and result looks breathtaking! <3
So lean back, scroll through these images and enjoy! .. Final images will come very soon, just have to do some minor adjustments before it's ready.
Need to figure out if i should bend some of the remaining white acrylic, and do some smexy cover for the I/O in the top,
and also still need to get the white acrylic cover in the bottom finished, and glue the small butterflies in place, for a final touch.. Also last but not least, tighten those cables up again so please my OCD..

IMG_8110%20copy_zpsoipjj4jy.jpg

IMG_8119%20copy_zpsrymjtzya.jpg

IMG_8121%20copy_zps4stpoyjh.jpg

IMG_8132%20copy_zpsij2eljnh.jpg

IMG_8136%20copy_zpsh0anv1c7.jpg

IMG_8138%20copy_zpsbs0omuow.jpg

IMG_8147%20copy_zps6b9hk2qn.jpg

IMG_8150%20copy_zpsfm8diaxq.jpg

IMG_8154%20copy_zps2skrljyi.jpg

IMG_8162%20copy_zps3dsm4kxm.jpg

IMG_8175%20copy_zpsov0wosxe.jpg

IMG_8170%20copy_zps8oa3vkp2.jpg

IMG_8173%20copy_zpslutvkzlb.jpg

IMG_8166%20copy_zpsnvbmjwd6.jpg

Enjoy!! Thanks so much for the support both from all you guys in the forum and my facebookpage "Beckmodz - liquid Designs" who has been following this project!<3

Soldato
That's not a good colour match...It's great! I know you'll be tweaking the cabling and so on until you feel it's perfect but at this stage I think it's warranted to say well done on a great build!

Associate
OP
That's not a good colour match...It's great! I know you'll be tweaking the cabling and so on until you feel it's perfect but at this stage I think it's warranted to say well done on a great build!

Thank you very much ! :) Am quite happy with the result myself so far :) ..
But thanks again man, glad you like it :) Even though it's been a long wait from start till finish

Back
Top Bottom