• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Associate
After being told '2017 delivery' by someone on the Nvidia helpline :confused: for the SLI HB Bridge, a few days later it turned up!

Also i had no idea it has a green light down the side of it!

C3GGpxn.jpg

My god it looks so good!

Soldato
Oh derp... yes, I was thinking about heaven, not valley.

Also... tessellation in that link is normal vs extreme :)

Also Valley has Extreme and Extreme HD. My Extreme HD score on Valley is below on stock ie no overclock. (note my CPU is 4.5ghz OC) Curious it thinks my card has 4gb.

23ro578.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
qSgvXQh.jpg

Despite having a good old whinge about the price of these things I decided to get one anyway (well our country's politics have such a whiff of hypocrisy at the moment why the hell shouldn't I join in eh?).

Won't win any beauty contests but overclocks and boosts to 2050MHz without much bother and is a grand upgrade from my reliable GTX680.

Right. Now which 21:9 g-sync monitor should I get.......

I can vouch for the X34A if your budget will stretch - although its £50 more since i bought it from here a month ago!

Associate
I can vouch for the X34A if your budget will stretch - although its £50 more since i bought it from here a month ago!

Thanks! The budget can indeed stretch. In fact this morning it stretched all the way to the Asus PG348Q! Not from here sadly as it's out of stock and £100 more expensive than elsewhere.

Pretty much the same panel I know but I've had an Asus monitor for years and it's been great.

Associate
grav which error ? and is it in W10 ?

I've had issues with both of the drivers that's out

In the end i used the latest driver, DDU to remove all, did a basic custom install (no 3d items)

And then i stopped the back-end gizmo from auto starting

Solid since yesterday in my flight sim and few games i play

Associate
Was going to up some pics of mine that I finally got round to putting in last night, but I've run into issues with my motherboard not supporting it, to what I'm pretty sure is now a bricked mobo :(

Associate
My palit gamerock premium is a very quiet card. When I first loaded heaven up it was running a really low fan speed and throttled slightly after 10 minutes from 2025 down to 1997 and stayed there. I altered the fan profile to keep it 10 above the temperature and now it won't get to 70 and maintains its 2025 boost. I did experiment with overclocking it and the max it would reach in heaven was 2113 and it was still below 70 and I couldn't hear it above the case fans. This wasn't stable in the division though so I probably have to back off a bit on the overclocking.

Associate
Sold one TX so as soon as the second one sells I will be picking one up.

Can anyone with the Ichill version comment on sound levels from it? Also is that the card where the fans dont spin until it hits a certain temp?

mine is the Ichill X4 and I am running Noctua AF-A14 case fans for your information. they are stupidly quiet and I still cant hear the GFX fans over them!

yes, the x4 is quiet, yes, it's at zero RMP under low load, although use MSI afterburner to set your own fan curve.

Soldato
My palit gamerock premium is a very quiet card. When I first loaded heaven up it was running a really low fan speed and throttled slightly after 10 minutes from 2025 down to 1997 and stayed there. I altered the fan profile to keep it 10 above the temperature and now it won't get to 70 and maintains its 2025 boost. I did experiment with overclocking it and the max it would reach in heaven was 2113 and it was still below 70 and I couldn't hear it above the case fans. This wasn't stable in the division though so I probably have to back off a bit on the overclocking.

And how many frames difference does 2025 to 1997 make at your resolution? Its barely even a throttle :)

Soldato
Couple of weeks is all its took for me to get fed up with the Temp/fan noise on my Gigabyte FE. Auto Fan is silent but can't accept my 80c+ temps. Fan profile knocks it down to 77c/79c but then I dont like the noise.

Noctua TIM has arrived.
EVGA 980ti Hybrid cooler is sat in its box looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

The warranty on my ref 980ti lasted longer than this.......

Time for some modding........

Back
Top Bottom