• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus 1080 Strix OC

Associate
Has anyone who ordered the Asus 1080 Strix OC got one yet?

I ordered mine on 29th May and still waiting...............

I just wondered if some of the early orders had been fulfilled.

:confused:

Associate
Also ordered one back in May however I am still around 200th in the queue when I checked as of this morning. :eek:

They did however disclose that they are expecting a delivery before the end of the week about 30 mins before this post so fingers crossed.

Associate
OP
Also ordered one back in May however I am still around 200th in the queue when I checked as of this morning. :eek:

They did however disclose that they are expecting a delivery before the end of the week about 30 mins before this post so fingers crossed.

Yeah I got the "The current information we have is that we'll be receiving a reasonably sized delivery by the end of the week. We thank you for your continued patience" on Tuesday but I've been fobbed off for the last month!

How do you check where you are in the queue???

Associate
Yeah I got the "The current information we have is that we'll be receiving a reasonably sized delivery by the end of the week. We thank you for your continued patience" on Tuesday but I've been fobbed off for the last month!

How do you check where you are in the queue???

Easiest way is to send a webnote from the website and ask them. Probably wastes less time than calling them to ask but that is also an option.

Associate
I ordered on the 27th of May and still haven't received anything. CS can't tell me where I am in the queue (Amazon payments) but I'm hoping it will be in the next 50.

Associate
OP
Easiest way is to send a webnote from the website and ask them. Probably wastes less time than calling them to ask but that is also an option.

I ordered on the 27th of May and still haven't received anything. CS can't tell me where I am in the queue (Amazon payments) but I'm hoping it will be in the next 50.

I've been bothering them a lot so will wait and see what tomorrows answer is.

I was tempted to pull out and get a different one but they've priced me out of that option!

Until tomorrow then.........................

Associate
same , i ordered asap well waiting has saved a lot and its now £750 lot more then pre order lucky i have 980ti till then , i think they have 4000 on order from asus last i heard

Associate
OP
same , i ordered asap well waiting has saved a lot and its now £750 lot more then pre order lucky i have 980ti till then , i think they have 4000 on order from asus last i heard

I did have 2 x MSI 970 4Gs in Sli and sold them at the end of May to fund it.

Luckily the nice people I work with have loaned me a 295X2 which is fine but heats the room nicely and is a huge card!

Associate
I did have 2 x MSI 970 4Gs in Sli and sold them at the end of May to fund it.

Luckily the nice people I work with have loaned me a 295X2 which is fine but heats the room nicely and is a huge card!

ouch i ordered 2x 1080 for vr , shame asus aint moving there ass to get these made i recon they had lots to do to over clock em

Associate
OP
I ordered at ~17:00 on the 27th of May, and have been 17th in queue for multiple weeks now... it's not the best.

Damn! I didn't realise the aftermarket cooler ones went on sale that quick that's why I didn't order mine until 29th!

ouch i ordered 2x 1080 for vr , shame asus aint moving there ass to get these made i recon they had lots to do to over clock em

I spoke to someone in sales the other day at OC and they said that the overclocked ones used a different BGA. I'm guessing its not actually the case just a better grade one just like the old overclockable intel CPUs way back when.

Associate
I spoke to someone in sales the other day at OC and they said that the overclocked ones used a different BGA. I'm guessing its not actually the case just a better grade one just like the old overclockable intel CPUs way back when.[/QUOTE]

ahh well hope they pull there finger out

Associate
Ordered on 27th May @ ~8PM (Amazon payment)
99th in queue on 2nd June
56th in queue on 18th June

Wanted Asus because of OCUK warranty support (that it was the fastest advertised card didn't hurt) but really don't want the founders card...

I've heard a rumour that there was something wrong with the heatsink and early shipped cards were having issues with thermals. No solid facts anywhere to be found, but lack of supply indicates something is probably up.

Associate
OP
Ordered on 27th May @ ~8PM (Amazon payment)
99th in queue on 2nd June
56th in queue on 18th June

Wanted Asus because of OCUK warranty support (that it was the fastest advertised card didn't hurt) but really don't want the founders card...

I've heard a rumour that there was something wrong with the heatsink and early shipped cards were having issues with thermals. No solid facts anywhere to be found, but lack of supply indicates something is probably up.

I almost ordered a founders edition card but then like you I'd read somewhere that they throttled. Which is what some of the AMD cards do at full tilt. I didn't really fancy that!

Associate
OP
What a joke!

"You are currently approximately 110th in the pre-order queue for these cards. If we do receive the expected delivery today, yours would not be included unfortunately as we're expecting no more than 50"

How much interest must they be making on the pre-orders???

Associate
What a joke!

"You are currently approximately 110th in the pre-order queue for these cards. If we do receive the expected delivery today, yours would not be included unfortunately as we're expecting no more than 50"

How much interest must they be making on the pre-orders???

I believe they have actually lost £50-100 plus on the early Strix OC pre orders thanks to the currency moves before they have to settle the invoice in a few months.

Associate
OP
I believe they have actually lost £50-100 plus on the early Strix OC pre orders thanks to the currency moves before they have to settle the invoice in a few months.

I know they bumped up the prices but to be honest Maplin have had them for only about £30 more than the original preorder.

Back
Top Bottom