• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Associate
Yeah that seems a nice overclock. Is that overclock stable at max load? Only says 49.5% TDP on GPU-Z there. Just I'd expect it higher full whack even with the dual 8 pin. I know my 1080's can hit 125% power.

I'd be interested in the manual overclock to see how far it can be pushed.

my WaterForce can set power target to 150%

It seem max overclock i can get is 2195 but it give only like 1-2fps extra in game so i just leave it as stock OC mode ( 2151 ).

Associate
Dunno if I'm allowed to mention the competition on here. It was ****. Ordered Wed morning arrived Thursday afternoon.
Ah, I saw they had them in stock. I know overclockers got stock in this week but I guess they went to preorders before mine. At least I hope that's the case or I'll be a bit ****ed off.

At least I got my order in before the price went up considerably, £599 each.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Got my Pallit super jetstream and Ive over the moon with it. Boosts to 1970mhz without touching it and the highest the fans have gone was 40, just to keep it around the 68-70 degrees mark.

My ONLY complaint is the gauche green lights on the side. Looks super tacky

Soldato
Got my Pallit super jetstream and Ive over the moon with it. Boosts to 1970mhz without touching it and the highest the fans have gone was 40, just to keep it around the 68-70 degrees mark.

My ONLY complaint is the gauche green lights on the side. Looks super tacky

Yeah the colour wasn't the best choice. If it's the same as my Gainward then you can change it in the software. I recommend white.

Soldato
50C is high temp for my Waterforce. usually stay under 50'C . when under 50'C the card run at 2150Mhz

Seems normal to me. Especially if it's cooling the chokes and VRMS which is what it looks like. Unless it has a VRM fan? A lot to cool down on a single 120 rad.

Both my cards can hit 44-45c after a good few hours of heavy gaming on full cover blocks.

As to why it would drop 50mhz at 50c I don't know. Does seem strange though as it normally happens at a much higher temperature.

Caporegime
The waterforce is advertised as only having a fan on the rad, so the loop is cooling quite a lot for a 120mm. Surprised they never went the fury x route and made the rad a bit bulkier for a bit better cooling.

Back
Top Bottom