• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Soldato
A lot of company's do it that why you see £1.99 and £0.99 and £99 they look better than £2,£1 and £100, you see it all the time.

Associate
Based on the incoming reviews of the 1060 I have re-pre-ordered the Nitro+

The difference in speed and cost for the AIB's I looked at means the RX 480 overall wins for me. Sure the GTX 1060 can outperform (currently) the RX 480 in certain games. But an overclocked RX 480 @ 1340Mhz can match a GTX 1060 in the Time Spy benchmark (which is a fishy test right now anyhow). In DX12 and Vulkan the RX 480 currently outperforms it.

The few games where I see the GTX 1060 beating the RX 480 seem to be those few Nvidia specific titles.

I am hopeful that the RX 480 will have more legs over the coming months/years than the GTX 1060. The 1060 may be faster out of the gate but is it going to be a tortoise and hare race I wonder?

Soldato
It is looking unlikely as nothing has shipped, I think a safe bet is now August 5th. Sapphire should deliver sooner as they are going into production this weekend.

Boo! Might buy 1060 to have a play with till the 5th and then use the 1060 in my gf's PC. Hmm.... decisions decisions.

Back
Top Bottom