The ROG Rampage V Edition 10 Owners Thread

Associate
rve POST

Hi Guys. I have a question regarding rve and I hope that someone can help. My POST from power on to Asus logo (Bios) is 40 sec is it normal? I've removed Intel NVMe and tried without any SSD but the same result:/
Second question: when I played with my first problem I found that my MB is not beeping at all. Example: I removed all the RAM and I didn't have any beeps at all, just 55 on the lcd (problem with memory). My MB doenst beep at all:) Normal? Thanks guys.

Associate
Hi Guys. I have a question regarding rve and I hope that someone can help. My POST from power on to Asus logo (Bios) is 40 sec is it normal? I've removed Intel NVMe and tried without any SSD but the same result:/
Second question: when I played with my first problem I found that my MB is not beeping at all. Example: I removed all the RAM and I didn't have any beeps at all, just 55 on the lcd (problem with memory). My MB doenst beep at all:) Normal? Thanks guys.

x99 takes forever to post , this is totally normal, it mainly ram training and memtest.

The RVE10 Doesn't have an onboard speaker, so yes no beeping for you sir !

Associate
x99 takes forever to post , this is totally normal, it mainly ram training and memtest.

The RVE10 Doesn't have an onboard speaker, so yes no beeping for you sir !

You are a STAR thanks:)
I'd like to watercool so I'm checking everything before I'll go with my build further as it is my first x99 and I'm newbie=]. Thank you!

Permabanned
Corsair are offering the best kits at the moment, in my opinion.

There is a 3600MHz 16-16-16-36 kit available, but OcUK don't stock it at the moment.

I've got it running bench-stable at 3400 12-12-12-32-1T which I was quite impressed by.

OcUK have a 3400 16-18-18 kit from Corsair which is almost as good.

Permabanned
Every kit of G.Skill I've ever had has given me problems... and I've had a few of them... I'm not buying them again.

I'm sure others have good experiences... but people have had good experiences with Seagate too and I've had nothing but bad - so not buying them again either.

Soldato
Every kit of G.Skill I've ever had has given me problems... and I've had a few of them... I'm not buying them again.

I'm sure others have good experiences... but people have had good experiences with Seagate too and I've had nothing but bad - so not buying them again either.

Conversely I have had many Gskill kits over the years and never had a problem - oh well some you win some you lose.

Permabanned
Yup... like I mentioned, I'm sure most of their customers have had no issues otherwise they would struggle to stay in business :)

Just I'm feddup with having problems with a DDR, DDR2, DDR3 & even DDR4 kit of theirs... I'm just not buying them anymore.

Same with Seagate... a lot of users had no issues & yet I had 5 of 6 drives fail in under 2 years. WD on the other hand, I've only had 1 failure out of ~20+ drives and that was within the warranty period.

Man of Honour
OP
Corsair are offering the best kits at the moment, in my opinion.

There is a 3600MHz 16-16-16-36 kit available, but OcUK don't stock it at the moment.

I've got it running bench-stable at 3400 12-12-12-32-1T which I was quite impressed by.

OcUK have a 3400 16-18-18 kit from Corsair which is almost as good.

Finally finished my build and I stuck this stuff (3200MHz 16-18-18-36 ROG edition) in it:

RZhslp5.jpg

Ran at 3200Mhz out of the box and I know that it will go higher.

Couldn't get it in the UK, ordered from Corsair and got sent to me direct from Taiwan!

Permabanned
Permabanned
I'm happy with that... 4.5GHz at 1.35v - over two hours of AIDA64 and also tested AVX instructions with handbrake

iupANyp.png

Quiet fan/pump profile... temps drop to about 50C with the speed turned up.

And that's just the single 280 rad... really looking forward to the full loop.

Already had someone offering to buy the CPU... lol

Man of Honour
OP
@Cosimo - do you have a build log? Love to see more pics of your build buddy

Kinda thinking this plus a 6805X is the way to go... hmmmmm

Just watched TTL's full review... epic.

Don't have a build log but I will post some pictures later in the week. It's all sitting in a Corsair Obsidian 900D.

Last edited:
Associate
Guys,
anyone else having issues with Sonic Studio control panel not opening up ? Seems there's a few references to it on the ROG forums across a variety of motherboards ever sice the Anniversary Update to Windows 10.
Verified it was working with an older build, but now seems to have issues once Windows was updated. Some have had some success with uninstalls and reinstalls but no answer seems 100% effective.

Back
Top Bottom