X34 owners (and others I guess), what do you do for colour QA and stress testing?

Associate
Got my new rig and X34A a few weeks ago, only recently got my 1080GTX. In my excitement I literally plugged and played right away. Now I want to take a step back from Star Citizen and Overwatch etc and make sure all my hardware is in tip top optimal shape.

So for the X34...what sort of tools/activities do you guys perform to make sure your monitor is in perfect shape for use (primarily gaming)?

I've checked for dead pixels.
I've OC'd the monitor to 95Hz.
What else could I do?
The colours look great but I imagine it could always be calibrated better?

Soldato
Brightness can be whatever you want. That's down to use preference and won't Impact any other of the calibration if you use the listed osd settings and use the calibrated ICC profile. :)

I've went for the TFT Central setings and ICC profile, with the following additions:

In OSD --
Brightness: 60

In NCP --
Digital Vibrance: +63
Hue: +2

It's the increased digital vibrance that is making the colour stand out better, as without it the image just seems flat.

Caporegime
Does anyone else find it oddly uneventful when adding the ICC profile? I have no idea how to tell it's actually 'there', if you know what I mean. I just assume it's working -_-

An ICC profile takes the factory "calibrated" screen and tweaks RGB and other settings to get as close to 2.2 Gamma and 6500K and with the least deviation in colour delta.

A screen could be almost perfect when reviewed to the ICC profile changes little.

Equally if in the review calibration made a big change then there is no guarantee that yours was as bad as the review model so you could make yours look much worse.

But in general I have used TFT ICC profiles and found them to improve the screen I have.

Until I bought my own calibration device in last years black friday sales :) Worth ever penny esp if you have several screens in the house (4 in my case)

Man of Honour
Does anyone else find it oddly uneventful when adding the ICC profile? I have no idea how to tell it's actually 'there', if you know what I mean. I just assume it's working -_-

the changes to the OSD settings will make the most noticeable change to the appearance. The ICC profile then just brings about more finite corrections and will adjust the gamma curve, if needed.

Back
Top Bottom