• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA 1050 performance vid

Associate
OK so running an EVGA 1050 not TI it's a 2 gig, core at 1900 and memory at 2460. Doom 2016 with filtering and most settings set to max.

This really is a phenomenal card, Mechwarrior online in full HD average 60 fps with all settings on high.

Here is a video of DOOM I took earlier with Playclaw 5 video capture.
I'd recommend one of these cards bang for buck is great!

Associate
OP
I've tried using that, it does not work. Also more interestingly, the card appears to have 4 gig ram on it. I'm going to try and flash it and see what it does.

Caporegime
I made a Doom video using GFE. Worked fine for me.

Edit: did you start recording from desktop or in game? On a couple of occasions, I've found that trying to start recording just before the game loads (when you're still on desktop) works better, where as initiating it in game doesn't always guarantee success.

Good performance there, btw. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
OK. I flashed it, it appears to now have 4 gig of ram and does perform better in games. It won't overclock. Overclocking makes it crash, been stable for 2 hours solid.

cbfa34a19c.jpg

Only thing I noticed is the device id has changed to disabled and the manufacturer has changed from EVGA to Nvidia. Maybe it's a speed binned 1050ti?

Last edited:
Soldato
OK. I flashed it, it appears to now have 4 gig of ram and does perform better in games. It won't overclock. Overclocking makes it crash, been stable for 2 hours solid.

cbfa34a19c.jpg

Only thing I noticed is the device id has changed to disabled and the manufacturer has changed from EVGA to Nvidia. Maybe it's a speed binned 1050ti?

:eek:

That is a gamechanger - you just got a full GTX1050TI 4GB for the price of a GTX1050!!

Associate
OP
I never took any. I wanted to put some NT-H1 on the card, the overclock made the card hot, I replaced the gunk that was on the card with NT-H1 and it made it cooler. Should have thought really to photo it, but had the flash thing fresh in mind and wanted to crack on with that.

I just don't see NV doing this.

Well they did, obviously. It won't overclock though, my 1050 has no psu input, maybe you need more power to overclock.

Associate
OP
Ok, update. It needs more power, flashed back to stock and ramped up the clock speeds as before. Infinity Warfare, 1080p settings max/high, very playable. So stock apart from the clocks ramped.

Soldato
So you can overclock it some when its flashed to normal bios but when you flash it to unlock the 2gb you can't overclock it?

Do you loose performance at 1080 when you have 4Gb?

Associate
OP
In normal mode the overclock is brilliant, when unlocked it won't overclock it crashes. In games it artifacts badly after a few minutes. Either need more power to make it stable or just accept it was gimped as the other 2 gig ram failed the quality control. Even so, the point is these cards can play a new game and a whole heap of older games fantastically.

Back
Top Bottom