Quick MAX Question.

Soldato
Hey guys,

I'm on MAX with Nildram and at this precise moment I'm connected at 4736kbps - but this can go as low as 3870kbps from time to time :(

I was activated on the 14th, so I know there’s a while to go before the profile sticks, but what I was wondering is, will I see any increase in speed? Since day 2 I have had a download speed of between 2.7MB and 2.8MB at all times of the day?

The connection has also been constant since the change over? No drops, just loss of sync as you would expect when my profile changes?

BT's guesstimator said I should be able to get up to 3.5MB.

It’s too early to start getting worried, this is just curiosity ;)

SW.

Soldato
How long is a piece of string?

It's impossible to tell as you are only 4 days into the training period.
What are your line stats?

I have been syncing at 8128kbps for 11 days now and my download speeds are all over the place, ranging from 1550kbps to 5800kbps.

Soldato
OP
Hi,

These stats were taken the day before my MAX upgrade.

Although the SNR is only 11 in this shot, it's been known to get as high as 25 and as low as 10?

Rock solid connection always and constanly normal 1 MB speeds :D

SW.

Caporegime
sam.wheale said:
Although the SNR is only 11 in this shot, it's been known to get as high as 25 and as low as 10?

Variation isn't abnormal, though 15dB is quite a swing. Tried hooking up to the master socket?

For obvious reasons, you really need to work on the basis of the lower value, or accept that you'll lose sync when it drops, and have to resync to get more when it goes back up. So 3-4 Mbps isn't that far off.

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

I’ve been on MAX with Nildram since the 14th now, and I was just wondering when my BRAS profile is actually going to stick?

Atm, I’m loosing sync about once an hour and I’ve dropped the connection once since activation?

My profile ranges from 4000kbps – 4864kbps and I seem to be getting a variable, but constant speed of 3 MB – 3.40 MB on different speed tests? BT’s line check said I was only capable of 3.5 MB, so I’m pretty happy with speed results; it’s just the loss of sync that’s beginning to bug me :(

When are things going to settle down, I was led to believe it was in the first ten days?

I know I might be being a bit premature, but I just want to get a solid connection back :D

Cheers,

SW.

Soldato
You won't get a solid connection back unless they start boosting the target SNR margin or turn on Interleaving.

The 10 days means nothing with regards to line resyncs/BRAS profiles.

Contact your ISP if the line resyncs are that bad.

Caporegime
sam.wheale said:
I’ve been on MAX with Nildram since the 14th now, and I was just wondering when my BRAS profile is actually going to stick?

Atm, I’m loosing sync about once an hour and I’ve dropped the connection once since activation?

The BRAS cap and losing synch are completely unrelated.

My profile ranges from 4000kbps – 4864kbps and I seem to be getting a variable, but constant speed of 3 MB – 3.40 MB on different speed tests?

Seems reasonable.

When are things going to settle down, I was led to believe it was in the first ten days?

All this "connection stabilises in 10 days" and "you'll lose connection as part of some testing process in the first 10 days" stuff is a load of crap - the rate adaption, DLM et al will continue to work forever. The 10 days is purely for data gathering purposes.

tolien said:
Tried hooking up to the master socket?

Preferably with no extensions.

Soldato
OP
tolien said:
Preferably with no extensions.
I was plugged in at the master a couple of day before MAX came on and I stayed there till about the 6th day?

Things still stayed the same? I would have stayed there longer but I didn't want to only have 'wireless' as my main connection :p

Cheers,

SW.

Soldato
OP
tolien said:
So you were still getting a 15dB SNR margin variation, accompanied by loss of synch?
The 15dB variation was from when I had regular DSL, now my SNR is generally always the same? Between 4-6dB.

Loss of sync can occur anytime though, even if the SNR is at 6dB?

SW.

Back
Top Bottom