Which mat ?

Associate
Just about to buy a new mouse (MS Explorer 3) and thought i might as well get a new mouse mat too.
Just wondered what the general consensus was about which is the best to get ?

I've only ever used bog standard mats so have no idea.

durbs said:
Mouse mat? My desk is made of shiny wood and the mouse glides over that too and its free. ;)

actually, it depends :p my mouse mat was free with the mouse, and my table was free from an old mate...so mine was free, but i bet you paid for that table :D

these types of threads can never be answered, same as "what is the best mouse"? it's personal preference, however general rule of thumb is :
-if you are a low sensitivity user get a cloth recommendations = everglide titan / qpad
-if you are a high sensitivity user get a hard surface mat recommendations = steelpad 4s aluminium / icemat

harris1986 said:
these types of threads can never be answered, same as "what is the best mouse"? it's personal preference, however general rule of thumb is :
-if you are a low sensitivity user get a cloth recommendations = everglide titan / qpad
-if you are a high sensitivity user get a hard surface mat recommendations = steelpad 4s aluminium / icemat

Great advice.
I'm in the low sensitivity camp, so i'll look at cloth mats.

Thanks.
:D

same as me buddy :), i was sponsored by everglide and have had a DKT and a titan given to me both are amazing, i still have the titan today! i will always go everglide from now on, although the corepad cloth mats are very similar!

Mate.. the best mousemat is the steelpad 5L. Yeh it's a little pricey or at least was, but i guarentee it's the best pad u will ever use. I'm a fan of low sensitivty and using a big mousemat and this is perfect with my logitech G5. Cant stress it enough :)

Well I just bought a Razer exactmat. I got it quite cheap for £17 inc postage so i should get it in a few days.

Heres a pic of it

razerexactmatpj0.jpg

Will let you know what its like when I get it. :)

Saint said:
Mate.. the best mousemat is the steelpad 5L. Yeh it's a little pricey or at least was, but i guarentee it's the best pad u will ever use. I'm a fan of low sensitivty and using a big mousemat and this is perfect with my logitech G5. Cant stress it enough :)

ROFL, there mouse mat's are personal preference, there is no best! it's like mice in general! there is no best or worst it's all about which you prefer

-I-Am-Great- said:
i got a question...what's better; a metal mouse mat or a non-metal one?
i would assume that metal wouldn't be the best

It would depend on what you prefer, what kind of mouse / sens your using and what your using it for.

I've always used large cloth mats for playing FPSs.

if you're a low sens user, you cant go wrong with the Everglide Titan. I've got the Megamat version, does the job nicely and also has space to hold your beverage of choice too. :)

Back
Top Bottom