• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No Signal after installing new gfx card?

Soldato
Hey guys just received my new x1800xt card today and plugged everything in fine, powered on all fans are spinning computer appears to booting but i have no signal on my monitor? now i thought i plugged my old dead 6600 in and my comp boots fine and monitor gets signal can anyone suggest anything? cos i'm ripping my hair out here

Permabanned
Probably an insulting question but we've all done it; Have you plugged in the extra 4 pin molex into the card?

Soldato
OP
yup tried both sockets, still the same :S, if i just leave my computer booting up with no signal it shuts down after about 30 seconds and has 3 read lights lit on the diagnostic part of my motherboard.

Soldato
OP
loadsamoney, it does point to the cpu but like i say i can boot up with my dead 6600 but as soon as i switch to the x1800xt it's a no go, and yes tried reseating the card many times. really starting to go insane here!

Caporegime
Yeah good point that, mind you when my new build kept failing at the last LED which meant VGA (Graphics), it was because i had the Ram in the wrong slots, so the LED's are a load of ****. :D

What PSU have you got, just a thought.

If the PSU has enough power to power it, and your old card works, then id try and get the x1800 tested in another machine if you can, could be duff. :(

Last edited:
Associate
Cant hurt putting in the old card and then going into BIOS, click "load optimized deafults" then put new card back on. cant imagine its a driver problem because your not even into windows.

even better use the clear CMOS jumper on the board :)

andy

Soldato
OP
mite give that a go, thing is tho insomnia i can't see wots on my screen cos my old card is fried and all i get is a blurry screen with lots of 0's across the screen, could you give me a step by step as to wich section and how many down etc etc i need to go wen i'm in bios!

Associate
It could be you psu was powerful enough for the 6600, but is underpowered for your new x1800xt... What psu do you have, and how many amps does it have on the 12v rail...

Back
Top Bottom