BCAA

Capodecina
Permabanned
My powdered BCAAs have just got here from MP but i'm not sure what to measure them with. It says 2-3grams daily but I was thinking of just having ~5 grams or so in my workout drink and that's that? I picked up one of the small and large scoops from MP but they are measured in CC so i'm not too sure. The small scoop says "5 CC" and looks roughly around 5 grams, should be okay?

I'm going to just add them to water for my workout drink.

So should I take it the recommended way? 45 minutes pre workout 1 small scoop, then 1 small scoop post workout, or just pretty much mix 2 scoops with water a drink a little before/during?

I didn't notice that bit on the MY site till before, sorry :D

Chong Warrior said:
I take 2.5g-5g soon as I wake up with some fresh orange juice and 10mg Vit B6. This gets my body out of it's catabolic state ASAP.

I also take 10g with water and sip on it during my workout.

Good thinking on the morning anti-catabolic idea. I may start by just taking 2.5g at breakfast and 2.5 pre/during workout.

Wardie said:
Cheers i'll think about getting hold of some shortly :)

Is there any reason I shouldn't mix my BCAA powder with Vimto?
Worth it if you're serious about training/ health and will be using powders of supplements :)

Apart from the fact it won't mix lol? Trying to mix them and drink straight away is a nightmare trust me!

Best way is to dump them in your mouth and wash them down with water. If you don't fancy that then put them in liquid (I suppose vimto will be ok) mix them up and leave for 10-15 mins then come back and they will have dissolved ;)

Chong Warrior said:
Worth it if you're serious about training/ health and will be using powders of supplements :)

Apart from the fact it won't mix lol? Trying to mix them and drink straight away is a nightmare trust me!

Best way is to dump them in your mouth and wash them down with water. If you don't fancy that then put them in liquid (I suppose vimto will be ok) mix them up and leave for 10-15 mins then come back and they will have dissolved ;)

I've had it twice with Vimto and I couldn't notice it after a while of shaking. I've read bad things about the taste that's all, and i haven't been able to taste it at all in Vimto.

Was just asking incase there was any problems with the vitamin c in Vimto or whatever :]

I don't fancy putting a small scoop in my mouth though, it smells rotten. Speaking of rotten though.... I release quite the gas after a protein & oat shake :o

Shouldn't be any problems. You might want to look into buying some Vitamin B6 as it's very cheap and is supposed to help with absorption of the BCAA's ;)

Your guts should get used to the protein and oat shakes but I found it was much worse using the cheap oats. Once I changed to the organic oats the problem disappeared completely... coincidence?

Chong Warrior said:
Shouldn't be any problems. You might want to look into buying some Vitamin B6 as it's very cheap and is supposed to help with absorption of the BCAA's ;)

Your guts should get used to the protein and oat shakes but I found it was much worse using the cheap oats. Once I changed to the organic oats the problem disappeared completely... coincidence?

It was my first time trying oats so I opted for the cheap ultra fine from MP, if I don't stop leaking foul smells i'll keep in mind what you have said.

I'll check into getting some B6, I take a decent multivitamin in the morning, it only contains 2mg of B6 though.

Wardie said:
It was my first time trying oats so I opted for the cheap ultra fine from MP, if I don't stop leaking foul smells i'll keep in mind what you have said.

I'll check into getting some B6, I take a decent multivitamin in the morning, it only contains 2mg of B6 though.
It's very cheap, I think I got a bottle for about £0.99

You want about 1mg B6 with every 1g of BCAA ;)

Back
Top Bottom