Project: The Akasa Eclipse Overhaul.

Soldato
Project: Akasa Overhaul

07/08/06

So, the akasa is pretty boring to look at. and as ive always wanted to mod i thought. why not.

So im going to give it an overhaul i cant say what im going to do you have to wait and see because ill always be changing my mind.

but here is the first step inspiration from Benjos side panel.

Heres my first proper mod -

not finished will finish later tonight, Opinions welcome. 2 x 80mm fans, Aluminium with chrome surrounds.

Chrome Rounded nuts for the fixings for the mesh.

Pricing About £40

Industrial Style look i'm aiming for.

Shot1-
shot1zx7.jpg

Shot2-
shot2cg2.jpg

Shot3-
shot3oz1.jpg

Thanks, Neon. :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
That looks smart mate, i'll have to watch this thread as i'm also going to do something with my Eclipse. Any reason why you didnt use 1 120mm fan on the side?.

Mark

Soldato
Looks nice :)

Mines going to be black though and I might order myself a decent dremel to do a top blowhole. Side is being replaced with mesh too.

Project: Dark Light ;)

@ Neon: Do you have anything else planned for the eclipse?

Soldato
OP
Raikiri said:
Looks nice :)

Mines going to be black though and I might order myself a decent dremel to do a top blowhole. Side is being replaced with mesh too.

Project: Dark Light ;)

@ Neon: Do you have anything else planned for the eclipse?

Probably Change the front grill.

also chrome all the inside of the machine, chrome switches on the outside etc. maybe a blowhole in the top.

Soldato
OP
PinkFloyd said:
Can't wait for more updates now you have said that :D :D :D

im hoping to give it a brushed aluminium effect, all the way through the inside change the fans to alu ones, and hopefully get sum white lighting inside.

possibly try and fit a blowhole on the top of the case. but we'll see how things go i have to finished drilling this side panel first :mad:

Soldato
OP
Update:

Been looking at how to mod the front door, as the front is curved, looks like sanding is going to have to come into play, its either mod the front door or have one built completey from scratch im still undecided about it right now. i have finished the side panel which is now in place. pics soon to come.

sorry about the dealys but before i start modding i want to be deadset on what im after, i dont want to ruin the case. dont really want to buy another one!

what was suggested to me is though infact buy another one and attach them together, which im currently looking at, making a cube akasa eclipse..would be tricky but would pay off.

Soldato
Neon said:
Update:

what was suggested to me is though infact buy another one and attach them together, which im currently looking at, making a cube akasa eclipse..would be tricky but would pay off.

Would also be a small appartment :D . Im not sure i like the idea of a cube case eclipse but if thats what you need then go for it.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom