• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I would love to test some Adaptive Sync monitors

Soldato
Does anybody have a FreeSync-compatible AMD GPU they could give me? OK it was worth a shot. :p

On a serious note, when is the AMD 390x due for release? I haven't been keeping up with the latest GPU news as you can tell. I was happily going about my business with my Nvidia GPU and secondary Radeon 270X for some AMD-specific testing. But now Adaptive Sync monitors are upon us and I don't have a GPU that will work at all with the technology. :(

I thought that was a link to new cards, but it took me to matts profile, you can imagine my disappointment! :o

I think part of PCM2's concern is that (please correct me) he takes a lot longer than most doing a review as he uses it for a month or so, which result in excellent reviews but maybe problematic loaning extra stuff for that long

still I hope its sorted out we need GOOD reviews of these new screens :)

Does anybody have a FreeSync-compatible AMD GPU they could give me? OK it was worth a shot. :p

On a serious note, when is the AMD 390x due for release? I haven't been keeping up with the latest GPU news as you can tell. I was happily going about my business with my Nvidia GPU and secondary Radeon 270X for some AMD-specific testing. But now Adaptive Sync monitors are upon us and I don't have a GPU that will work at all with the technology. :(

Buy a used 260X and sell it on again once done testing, you'll only lose a tenner.

+1 for bugging Matt on spilling the beans on new GPU's :D

Thanks guys! I'm sure I will be able to get hold of something suitable. Mei is right, I do generally like to spend a fair bit of time getting to know a monitor. Doing a nice leisurely review. Nothing I hate more than those rushed ones where I am testing but not really enjoying the monitor. This is especially the case when I am testing something new and a bit different, such as FreeSync. :)

Well guys, I thank you all for your support on this thread. And especially the guys who posted with relevant @ tags on Twitter.

Unfortunately it seems AMD don't care if monitors using their technology get proper, thorough and informative reviews in the near future.

Well guys, I thank you all for your support on this thread. And especially the guys who posted with relevant @ tags on Twitter.

Unfortunately it seems AMD don't care if monitors using their technology get proper, thorough and informative reviews in the near future.

OCUK come on and sponsor this man before Sca........i mean your competitor does!:D

Hehe.

I should also have said "monitors supporting their technogy". Don't want to upset anybody with FreeSync vs Adaptive-Sync semantics. ;)

Hahah ...

To be honest id just like a solid availability date & price for 1 or two of the monitors, or confirmation on that "upgrade" for the monitor OCUK is already selling.

If OCUK put a price and an estimated shipping date online (as long as the price wasn't stupid for the size/res/refresh rate) id pre order the next day ;)

Back
Top Bottom