LED security lights, any recommendations?

Associate
Hello

Looking to get a few LED security lights. I'm used to the output of a 400W halogen so looking for something that comes close to that if possible. I'm guessing the ones with Cree LEDs are pretty good? Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks

Soldato
I have 2 x 30w warm led security lights from ebay down the side of my house.

20130922_122431.jpg

I'm really impressed with them, I can't comment on the throw but they give off plenty of light.

20121015_213624.jpg

Soldato
I have several slide calculators for Halogen & Halide lighting which you enter distance & width of area your lighting, & it gives you the number of lights needed, angle to get require spread of beam, etc.

Can't find any thing similar for led floodlights.

EDIT: Chipperhead, those lights certainly light the area nicely, but that bad shadow right in door entrance, could it be avoided if light was angled down a bit more?

Last edited:
Soldato
I have several slide calculators for Halogen & Halide lighting which you enter distance & width of area your lighting, & it gives you the number of lights needed, angle to get require spread of beam, etc.

Can't find any thing similar for led floodlights.

EDIT: Chipperhead, those lights certainly light the area nicely, but that bad shadow right in door entrance, could it be avoided if light was angled down a bit more?

As you can see from the first picture the light is pointing straight down, it's dark because it's been bricked up.
I would say these are no more shadowy then any other type of spotlight.

20130922_171947.jpg

Back
Top Bottom