Suggest a good Socket A overclocking board

Associate
Hi everyone,

Just as the title says really, Im after a good overclockers Socket A board that has ram dividers and can lock the AGP & PCI slots. Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

The RMG

NF7-S is probably the best supported. DFI lanparty was also supposed to be very good, some say better than the Abit but could be less reliable.

On balance, the NF7 I'd say and good luck trying to get one now!

The abit nf7 series was generally considered the best but they then released the an7 which was even better but wasnt that cheap. I use to have one and they were good but had problems with the onboard sata controller so my sister now has that board

split said:
Exactly.
You can't find them for love nor money anywhere :( (or at least I can't)

I have one. Was my old rig along with a 2500M and it was a great clocker and super stable. That has now moved down the chain to my boy but I'd like another for my girls.
Got a sparkly new 2600+ waiting for it, just can't find one 2nd hand yet.

TbirdX said:
I have one. Was my old rig along with a 2500M and it was a great clocker and super stable. That has now moved down the chain to my boy but I'd like another for my girls.
Got a sparkly new 2600+ waiting for it, just can't find one 2nd hand yet.

Check out the place of auctionable goods, you might be suprised!

The best Socket A Clocking Boards that I have right now, are :-

Abit NF7S
Abit NF7
DFI
MSI Delta L K7N2

These boards have all taken my XP17 to 230FSB, the NF7S and the DFI have gone to 244 and 248. ( Corsair RAM )

To be honest mate, if you can find ANY Socket A board, then go for NFORCE.

While I have an XP2500 running at 200FSB in a KD7, this is NOT a good clocker at all... I know the CPU does that cos I used an NForce to get it there and then setup the KD7 with the info I needed ( Dividers and common sense )

Yeah, I have to say the NF7Sv2 is the better option.

Only the other day, I compared my NF7S & XPM @ 2.6 against an ECS NF3 + Sempron, and I realised just how faster the NF7S+Barton is than the ECS NF3 + Sempron 64Bit. clock-for-clock.

My NF7S has now been robbed back off myeldest son, and he now has a Sempron64 running at 2.6 cos the older Barton is much quicker...

Says it all to me.

Jay_t said:
NF7-S V2 is the one to go for :)

Get the V2 one for proper 200MHz FSB support.

This was replaced with the an7 which had a couple of extra features and a hefty price tag back in the day. My sisters got one and they are good

another vote for the NF7-S V2 awesome board. cant believe how hard they are to find now. my mate is after one also, cant get one for love nor money.

cant believe i gave mine away when I recently upgraded. should have auctioned the thing

Had the NF7, currently have the NF7-S and DFI infinity

The DFI is the best socket A board I have owned does 250FSB out of the box with my XP-M 2400 and has been doing so for the past 8 months , been lucky and had no issues at all (no cold boot problems or sound problems), mem at 1:1 with 2.6v

Excellent board!

My Socket A and 754 DFI's have never been solid "Out Of The Box" for me... They have all needed at least a gentle touch, to get them so... RAM has been a bugger with some of them, BIOS another one that can be a cause, as it proved to be with my LP250GBUT

The NF7 and NF7S however, were spot-on from day 1

Give them their due however... Once the DFI have had their little tantrums for me, I have to say that I cannot fault them at all, not for anything.

I currently dont have any Socket A DFIs so I cannot say too much about them, but when I sold off a good clocking system a while back, it was a toss-up between the NF7S and the DFI, and the DFI was the one I let go, so I think that accounts for somethign in that for me, I found the NF7S was that little bit better.

All round anyway... They both clocked stupidly high, the DFI a tad more so, but the SoundStorm did it for me as its a nice smooth sound with my speakers.

Either way, you cannot go wrong with any of them, and the ammount of different BIOSes out there for them is quite surprising, so they are both very well supported by the OCC.

Back
Top Bottom